Security Installer Community

test phones

hi guys

i have one of the blue bt digital test phones with the red and black braided line cord and the 2 4mm banana plugs on the end which croc clips etc plug onto. Only trouble is the line cord keeps getting tangled up or the clips keep coming off the end etc when im connected to block terminal etc and its really doing my nut in :realmad: so i was wondering if anyone knew of a replacement cord that has a bt plug on the end which i can then use a conventional cordset... or if anyone has any ideas on how to solve my problem

Thought about buying a new phone, i.e the old faithfull yellow ones, but they are a bit dear...

any help or info etc would be great

My test phone consists of a standard £4.99 BT phone with the front of a telephone socket plugged onto the jack and 6 cat 5 wires from each of the rear connectors. A bit crude but cheap and cheerful and does the job I need it to do.

Compost

ACE.gif

My advice is to set the leads to what set up you whant (not by cuting them use tape) and get your self a Lolypop (non break) Krone to 2x4mm socket RS item Number 436-0025. or a PSTN test cord made by TEMPO (Chesivale) I cant find the item yet but i will post when I find it. If you use a normal PSTN cord it seems to upset the Digialert and you will have to go through the alarm before using the Butt. Very anoying. :D

I have a basic bt phone with buttons on the handset

Done a bit of a diy job on it so i have both types of plug,a pair of cables,and crocodile clips soldered on to it.

Pretty crude,but highly effective

My advice is to set the leads to what set up you whant (not by cuting them use tape) and get your self a  Lolypop  (non break) Krone to 2x4mm socket RS item Number 436-0025. or a PSTN test cord made by TEMPO (Chesivale) I cant find the item yet but i will post when I find it. If you use a normal PSTN cord it  seems to upset the Digialert and you will have to go through the alarm before using the Butt. Very anoying. :D

18779[/snapback]

All I can find is Adapter 3b (PSTN/431a) It seems RS components do not stock this. Ile keep looking around. But if you are lucky ile have a dig around and see if I have a spr. :)

LOL Dale thats my commision :D:D:P Dale is right there is plenty. But I have found a spr :P ile post it to you in the week I dont think ile have to pay postage but if I do are you willing to pay for it mate.

Oh and ime glad you got the manual sorry it looks a bit ropey my fax machine copyer decided to play up

Archived