Security Installer Community

Bosch Uneo Multi Drill

arfur mo

like most engineers, i just love tools nearly to the point of an addiction, i'll trawl tool shops/stools examine every tool and new shaped neon screwdriver.

last year i was in B&Q and they were pushing the Bosch UNEO drill on one of those screen loop promo's, so curious as a moth is to lighted candles, i watch the whole thing a bit mesmerised, well until the price came up at a stonking £129.00 - ouch!

so i chewed it over for a few days, well if i don't like it i can take it back. i have a few electric drivers for the monotonous jobs like fixing CAT%e socket plates, o considered its small size and important extra abilities. has a Li Ion battery (built -n) so will hold charge for fairly long periods between charges (like who remembers to?), and it can be charged with no memory effect when not completely spent. thinks if it was half as good as its advert, given i work alone, it would be great for doing those high works like fixings for the SAB, making easier and safer.

it has a hex drive, so you can obviously use hex driver/drill HSS bits you already have, and even small dia flat bits into soft wood or plasterboard, but for brick it has its own min SDS+ tip versions, the shaft is like a screwdriver with the handle removed but very cleverly simply plugs into the snubb chuck without adaption. switching between the two was an advertising point.

to say i'm impressed with this little gem for ist size ad weight is an understatement, although sold for the DIY market, i've drilled into a car park walls made of precast concrete to fit cabinets with ease, and we all know ho hard that stuff can be, obviously, your only going to get about 12 (ish! ) holes doing that, but when you have a soppy little job to do and want reduce what your carrying, the tools you need have tools that are multi-purpose, small, light and potent.

i've fixed pir's, panels and run plastic conduit/trunking etc using it for the fixings, surprised how far i got before needing recharging, saves on time and fatigue against lugging a heavier even later version battery drill up and down. being SDS tech it punches in requiring you to hardly lean on it, which makes it so muh easier to drill at outstretched arms legnth when you need to.

you will need to be sensible, you won't be punching 50mm x 1meter holes through hard floors or walls with it, but well worth the money buying one, especially before end of the month as the price has dropped to £79.99 at B&Q, and you can at the moment get 15% off at B&Q for spending more than £50.00.

another tip, i noticed while buying bits for the kitchen last weekend, if you have a trade card you get a further 10% off on top of the 15% until end of this month (May) - make sure to press for that as the extra discount is normally only one or the other discount.is allowed an i had to point it out at check out..

spare mini SDS+ tips are still a bit pricey and on the rare side, but getting more available. there is only 3 sizes at the moment 6, 8 & 10 one of each provided in the kit as well as 3 x HSS tips, and 3 x hex driver tips.

those that are nt VAT registered this is the time to get, as the emergency budget is expected to up VAT rates.

regs

Afur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived