Security Installer Community

Viper Sensors

hi my alarm scantronic was recently disconected due to work being done on the house it has now been reconnected with a few problems which have now been sorted but the viper sensor lights are on all the time and I thought they were supposed to be flashing can anyone help with the answer please

thanks

Put system in walk test and give each viper a tap with a teaspoon. Note if light on viper goes out & control notes zone violation. If so, then all ok.

(i've had loads of vipers with steady leds instead of flashing, dont affect security, just annoying if you got one of each on the same window).

If not ok (as above), check links on viper (3? GL? GLX?) & also if they were wired for latching.

Guest old-hand
Put system in walk test and give each viper a tap with a teaspoon. Note if light on viper goes out & control notes zone violation. If so, then all ok.

(i've had loads of vipers with steady leds instead of flashing, dont affect security, just annoying if you got one of each on the same window).

If not ok (as above), check links on viper (3? GL? GLX?) & also if they were wired for latching.

Teaspoon.......................TEASPOON.....................

You crack me up, whats wrong with a hammer. Or should we really use the calibration tool instead?

Teaspoon.......................TEASPOON.....................

You crack me up, whats wrong with a hammer. Or should we really use the calibration tool instead?

Ok, now im confused.

I thought that a teaspoon was the calibration tool!!! :whistle:

D

Guest old-hand
Ok, now im confused.

I thought that a teaspoon was the calibration tool!!! :whistle:

D

No you muppet!!!

Its what you use to stir your tea as the apprentice runs around tapping the windows at the furthest point with the calibration tool, oh yeah, another teaspoon. How silly of me to forget :P

OP = handyman. Didnt think he's have a calibration tool seeing as I doubt if 80% of engineers do.

Teaspoon cos less chance of damage & only trying to verify vipers working, not system fully calibrated. (also most handymen have to hand a teaspoon, kettle etc....)

Never let a apprentice add a hammer to their toolkit till they reach NVQ level3. Its an insurance requirment.

Guest old-hand
OP = handyman. Didnt think he's have a calibration tool seeing as I doubt if 80% of engineers do.

Teaspoon cos less chance of damage & only trying to verify vipers working, not system fully calibrated. (also most handymen have to hand a teaspoon, kettle etc....)

Never let a apprentice add a hammer to their toolkit till they reach NVQ level3. Its an insurance requirment.

From what I have seen recently, do not let them into the office / workplace until they have finished texting their mother,girl/boy friends.

From what I have seen recently, do not let them into the office / workplace until they have finished texting their mother,girl/boy friends.

Kiddin.

You'd never see them leave the van till they ran out of credit.

Guest old-hand
Kiddin.

You'd never see them leave the van till they ran out of credit.

PMSL You know the score!!!!!

Archived