Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-44+/max Interfacing

Good morning guys i have been given a job for tommorow buy my office and i'm not convinced it will work hopefully some one on here may know for sure.

I have a galxy g2-44+ already in the property they want me to go and add a max reader and and a couple of zones. the idea is that the max will set/unset a group with the new zones in. This all seems fine but they also want me to assign 200 fobs (black slate type) to it all of which will set/unset this group.

now from what i remeber you have to assign the max fob to a user and since there are only 23 user's on a g2-44+ i'm confused. When i challenged them on it they were adament that galaxy tech said it would work.

any idea's

Dave

NSI GOLD

BASED IN KENT

INTRUDER,ACCESS CONTROL,CCTV,FIRE

Guest old-hand

The MAX reader will hold up to 999 codes, and will do as you have been advised.

Just remember to exit eng after programming it in or it will not be recognised.When you try to test it.

cheers

oxo

I think thats standalone mate? If you want to use it in onlin emode you are limited by the number of codes the panel can handle.

I dont think you can make that work as they want unless you wire it as a keyswitch zone. Also the G2's dont do groups properly, ie how we are used to them on a classic/g3/dimension

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec
oxo

I think thats standalone mate? If you want to use it in onlin emode you are limited by the number of codes the panel can handle.

QFA, every fob for a Max reader in online mode on a G2 needs a separate user, you can't do that many tags ... end of, no matter what Honeywell Tech says, tell your boss it cannot be done.

There is probably a reason honeywell wont talk to the public, they know they would end up being tied up in knots,or in court.

I have done support, I know the stuff that goes on, not all people who do support are idiots, but many are....

IN fact ken they wont support the high end stuff to end users because its impossible to support. Their lower end stuff designed for both markets can be installed by a non pro.

It used to be if you hadnt been on a traing course they wouldnt even talk to you. I agree with that for pro support.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived