Security Installer Community

Gardtec G590/591 Take Over

Hi i have a new customer that wants us to take over the service of her system gardtec g590/591 as she doesnt like the new company that bought out the company that installed it arrigenley yellow alarm box company is the new people

my question is we dont have the engernering code so im going to reset the paniel back to factor conditions then re program it back up but in my manual for the paniel it doesnt say what the factory set engernering code will be so if any one can help me out that would be great or is there a way to just change the enger code with out defalting the paniel also is this a easy paniel to work with as we nomarly only do texecom paniels.

1 other question if i change the sab to a new 1 with our company name on we will only make

Dave - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...mp;f=9&id=8

You have been a member here for over 18 months & made 86 posts so why not apply for acces to the trade only side of the forum via the link below where such info can be freely given along with access to the engineer manuals site etc too?

cheers

C.

Hi i dont have an id card got 5m public liablity i can email to you would this help

Hi i have a new customer that wants us to take over the service of her system gardtec g590/591 as she doesnt like the new company that bought out the company that installed it arrigenley yellow alarm box company is the new people

my question is we dont have the engernering code so im going to reset the paniel back to factor conditions then re program it back up but in my manual for the paniel it doesnt say what the factory set engernering code will be so if any one can help me out that would be great or is there a way to just change the enger code with out defalting the paniel also is this a easy paniel to work with as we nomarly only do texecom paniels.

1 other question if i change the sab to a new 1 with our company name on we will only make

Trade Member

Word of caution with this panel: I would say it's more than likely that the engineer code has been "burned" into the panel, making it impossible to default the panel to the factory code. If it has'nt been locked, the default code is pretty easy to guess in 2 or 3 goes, we can't give this info out on the public forum.

As for the bell, if it works, I would leave it down to the customer if they want it changing or not, I would certainly not be changing it for free or just for the sake of it. If it's an old C-Type or H-Type, I would recommend they have it changed as there's a fair chance it won't have a cut off timer in it. If it's a more modern sounder, we would probably just sticker if it was a decent installation and the sounder was in working order.

thanks for your help i have a ruf idea what the code might be but if the old company have burned the code in then i probley tell customer to get a#d out who now own the orriginal company that installed it do you think they will give the customer the engernering code.

They probably won't give the code out. I'd be very surprised if they did.

What they might do is come and default it for a call out charge, if you can get them out at all. Might be less hassle changing the panel to be honest. Tell the customer things have moved on a bit since the 590 came out ;)

Trade Member

Archived