Security Installer Community

adv1 digi chip programmer

that would be great pete, i am assuming its just an abacus lcd keypad i need is it? surely not the whole panel! as i will be programming these chips on site. Thanks for replying, i need one of these asap!!!

cheers

mike

Intruder & Fire Member

ok please take a look 4 me thanks. p.s i am sure i have seen an abacus lcd keypad which has been modified to insert the chip on the righ hand side of it, then u pull a little lever to clamp the chip in place?

Intruder & Fire Member

the adv chip blower looks like what u just discribed, it is a keypad that has 2 sockets on end of it, one for blowing digi chips one for blow stu chips. also on the programmer who get the remote reset software for the abacus panels. lucky enough ive been issued with one from secom but also own my own scantronic one which i prefer to use but scanny ones dont blow adv 1 chips.

Guest Peter James

The good news is we have an old ab 15p that will blow your adv1's , you can have it for the price of P&P to wherever you are or if you wish you can collect from Worthing, Brighton, or Croydon.

The chip blowers were made by DA now Bosch not sure if you can still get one but this panel will do the trick for you.

Please let me know how you want to do it.

Pete. :rolleyes:

We do have a chip blower but only one and we want to keep that,(gentengineer I think theyre about £100 but dont quote me) before we used panels with digis built in we used to use the chip blower and some old ab eight p's. the 8 p's will blow the digi chips.

The programmer blows blu stu as well.

The other difference is you plug the whole adv1 on the back not just the chip. (you have to go through engineer programing ect to get to the digi programing but it works ) you have to change the polarity manually though as the panel will allways choose neg removed (or is it pos removed :blink: ).

Pete

17901[/snapback]

hmmm i dont think il be purchasing one of them then for a bit, let the firm pay for it if they want it, mind you i did go and shell out 100 quid on act battery tester, cracking piece of kit

thanks for the info though

We do have a chip blower but only one and we want to keep that,(gentengineer I think theyre about £100 but dont quote me) before we used panels with digis built in we used to use the chip blower and some old ab eight p's. the 8 p's will blow the digi chips.

The programmer blows blu stu as well.

The other difference is you plug the whole adv1 on the back not just the chip. (you have to go through engineer programing ect to get to the digi programing but it works ) you have to change the polarity manually though as the panel will allways choose neg removed (or is it pos removed :blink: ).

Pete

17901[/snapback]

hmmm i dont think il be purchasing one of them then for a bit, let the firm pay for it if they want it, mind you i did go and shell out 100 quid on act battery tester, cracking piece of kit

thanks for the info though

17945[/snapback]

you bought your own battery tester banghead

Archived