Security Installer Community

Alarm Panel Will No Longer Activate

wozza74

I have an old A1 PR5008 alarm system which was in the house when I moved in. The previous owner did not have the manual and it appears that the company went bust a few years ago!

Anyway, the alarm would keep going off even though not activated (quite annoying at 6:30am on a Sunday!) so disconnected while I sourced replacement batteries.

I replaced the backup battery, the door alert and PIR batteries but now cannot activate the alarm!

When I put in the code nothing happens but if I press reset/cancel, the alarm goes off! I then put in code to deactivate which works to turn it off!

Has the panel died? Will a new wired panel work with the existing wireless PIRs or does the whole lot need replacing?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Warren

If its of the A1 type I'm thinking of your best bet is to start agian.

You wont get any other kit to work with it.

Thanks, thought that may be the case.

So, can you recommend a wired control panel so I can use existing external bell box which can be used with wireless PIRs and door/window sensors?

Warren

Thanks, thought that may be the case.

So, can you recommend a wired control panel so I can use existing external bell box which can be used with wireless PIRs and door/window sensors?

Warren

Might be better to start completely from scratch. The old bellbox will have (poss) dud self activating pcb in it which will need replacing.

Several sensible hybrid systems out there, some more suited to diy than others (esp re tech back up). Texecom give help to general public, Scantronic (apparently do not help GP anymore - though still supply manuals with kit). Guess depends on how competant you feel.

Check through a few topics on here to get a feel for what suits & ask questions, plenty here with sound advice. Also look at link for prices

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...b64fdf6da1676c2

Archived