Security Installer Community

Galaxy Night/part Set Problems

Hi

I'm new to this group, and am hoping you can help me please?

I've installed my own Galaxy G2-20 system, using wireless detectors - IR800M PIRs and DO800M contacts. Each detector is set to a different zone. Everything seems to work fine in full set mode - zones set as Final/Exit/Intruder all work as I would expect. The entry timer on full set works fine too - opening the front door starts the count down.

The problem comes when I do a part or night set. All relevant detectors are configured to work in the same way for either part or night set as follows:

Front door................Full = "Final", Part/Night = "Final"

Hallway 1 PIR...........Full = "Exit", Part/Night = "Final"

Hallway 2 PIR...........Full = "Intruder", Part/Night = "Final"

Upstairs PIR.............Full = "Intruder", Part/Night = "Not Active"

The problem is that, when the system is in part/night set, neither of the Hallway PIRs seem to trigger. Walk past them and the entry timer doesn't start running. But the front door contact works fine - open the front door and the entry timer counts down.

Any suggestions as to what I might have set up wrong please?

Thanks v much.

When programming, do you "toggle" the options or leave as seen on the screen.

That is your problem.

No, that's not the problem - I used the "hash key" when toggling through final/part/night to ensure the right setting were recorded (although I can see it would be very easy to get that wrong by using the enter key, and I did first time round!)

Have just tried it by enabling auto-reset on both hallway PIRs, but that hasn't done it either. I assume that suggestion was because you trigger the PIRs when going upstairs during the exit timer? I hadn't thought of that, but I'm afraid it hasn't worked. I haven't tried "out of bed's" suggestion yet, but will do so. However, the manual says auto-reset resets it after 5 seconds, so I don't think the 10 minutes is going to make much difference.

Any other ideas?

Thanks v much folks for your help.

Guest RJBsec

Have you tried leaving say 10 mins after setting before you test an activation of either hallway PIR in night/part?

Have you tested them in a full set, ie set the system and wait for 5-10 minutes and walked past eiter hall PIR before anything else?

If they don't detect you in any set then I suggest that you re-programme them into the panel.

Have you tried leaving say 10 mins after setting before you test an activation of either hallway PIR in night/part?

Have you tested them in a full set, ie set the system and wait for 5-10 minutes and walked past eiter hall PIR before anything else?

If they don't detect you in any set then I suggest that you re-programme them into the panel.

Hah. Just tried that, and it worked a charm. Thank you! So, there was nothing wrong with the set up in the first place, just my own impatience whilst testing it!

Just out of interest, why does it do that? Is there any way to reduce the time period (does it matter)? And, finally, should I therefore turn the auto reset function back off?

Thanks RJB, and all of you.

Guest RJBsec
Hah. Just tried that, and it worked a charm. Thank you! So, there was nothing wrong with the set up in the first place, just my own impatience whilst testing it!

Just out of interest, why does it do that? Is there any way to reduce the time period (does it matter)? And, finally, should I therefore turn the auto reset function back off?

Thanks RJB, and all of you.

It is an inbuilt design on all wireless detectors to conserve battery power - waits a couple of minutes after last movement before signalling an activation. Yes switch auto reset back on, you will only need it again if you get 'circuit open' faults when trying to set the system and leave.

It is an inbuilt design on all wireless detectors to conserve battery power - waits a couple of minutes after last movement before signalling an activation. Yes switch auto reset back on, you will only need it again if you get 'circuit open' faults when trying to set the system and leave.

That's great. Thanks again.

Archived