Security Installer Community

Please Help!

SHB1

Hi

We have replaced the fuse for the strobe and movement sensors twice in the last 6 months but it's blown again. Any ideas why, what might be causing it and what might need doing to fix it and if it's likely to be expensive? Also, does anyone know any reputible engineers in the Swindon area?

Thanks!

Hi

We have replaced the fuse for the strobe and movement sensors twice in the last 6 months but it's blown again. Any ideas why, what might be causing it and what might need doing to fix it and if it's likely to be expensive? Also, does anyone know any reputible engineers in the Swindon area?

Thanks!

Odd. Just tried rpelying to this and it told me the topic had been moved or was missing!

I was saying that most likely cause is you're pulling too much current through the output - how many PIRs do you have connected to the panel?

Next most likely is a fault on one of the devices connected.

In all probability an additional PSU would help matters along. An engineer can fit one easily for you.

I'm not Swindon based, but one of the other lads here may be.

Bill.

Bill

Accord Fire & Security Services Ltd.

www.accordfire.co.uk ~ TEL: 0845 474 5839

Odd. Just tried rpelying to this and it told me the topic had been moved or was missing!

I was saying that most likely cause is you're pulling too much current through the output - how many PIRs do you have connected to the panel?

Next most likely is a fault on one of the devices connected.

In all probability an additional PSU would help matters along. An engineer can fit one easily for you.

I'm not Swindon based, but one of the other lads here may be.

Bill.

Guest old-hand

From memory the fuses are separate ie, power and bell/strobe.

When does the fuse blow? Has the system gone off?

As above, any works taken place?

You obviously need an engineer to attend as an alarm not functioning correctly is a risk for insurance purposes and possibly environmental noise nuisance.

Thanks for all the responses. PIR being the infared sensor things? (I'm a girl so go easy on me...). We only have two, and a contact point on one door. Anyone give me an estimate cost wise for a service etc or can anyone in the Swindon areas recomend anyone? :rolleyes:

Archived