Security Installer Community

Galaxy G3-48 With Touchcentre

Hi,

I have just bought a new Galaxy G3-48 with Touchcentre. Have followed, i think, the installation manual so I could just get the panel and the touchcentre turned on. I was just wanting to get the power on make sure the touchcentre was ok and then power off to then slowly build up the system, but I have stumbled at the first hurdle and so asking for your help!

The control panel is powered on with mains power. I havent connected a battery yet as it hasnt been delivered yet.

The touchcentre seems to 'boot up' ok and shows me the home screen(default?). When I try and enter the default engineer code in the installation manual into the touchcentre it responds just saying 'verifying authorisation....' and wont move on from this unless I press Home or ESC.

Would appreciate any guidance on helping me get past this. I have some questions that I cant answer by reading the installation manual:

As part of the initial installation the manual says to connect the battery. I havent got one yet but is it essential to have a battery at this step? Is the reason why I cant get past 'verifying authorisation' because I havent connected a battery?

I have put the 680ohm resistor between the A and B on the touchcentre. I have also put the 1k ohm resistors between each of the 16 zones. I havent put any resistors on the RIO terminals next to the zones - do I need to do?

Have I missed something out or installed something wrongly?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks Redbull. Tried the default manager but still does the same.

I thought about changing the touchcentre address from the default of 1 to 0 but still does the same.

I cant currently understand why the touchcentre doesnt go past 'verifying authorisation'.

I havent set the SW3 dip settings as I didnt think I had to - is this right or do I need to set the dip settings so the control panel recognises the touchcentre?

Thanks for the assistance.

Chris

After double checking that I had followed the 'quick setup' in the installation manual I thought I would disconnect the A + B lines and the resistor and connect it back together after having a sleep. That was last night at 1am. Well.. this morning after a hearty breakfast I went back to try the cabling again..

Embarrassingly the problem was down to the A + B lines being the wrong way round on the touchcentre! !

Simple as that. That teaches me to cable things late at night! Even the simplest things could go wrong.

It all works lovely now.

Thanks to those who helped me.

Happy Easter !

Chris

Archived