Security Installer Community

Texecom Alarm

niallb

ive just got my texecom48 pannel lcdprox keypad sounder an pirs, the instructions are very confusing

i have 6 pirs (reflex) inside the connections alarm(2connections) +12v 0v tamp(2connections) should i just connect 1wire to alarm and 1 to tamp and my red an black to the 12 an 0v or do i need another wire into the alarm an tamp connection?? at the kep pad i have my network connections which just pair to the pannel network connections, what connects into the zone1 connections??

The PIR's are wired differently dependent on which method you aim to use as far as the panel is concerned:

The install guide will show you the way-either two cores for tamp and two cores for alarm OR you need to put resistors in the PIR and just use two cores-if you'd gone for better Tex PIR's they've already got the resistors built in and you just move jumpers to select the correct values for your panel!!!.

Only need 4 cores too the KP-the two zones are for-as the name suggests-two extra alarm zones if you need them.

Richard.

• 3 weeks later...
ive just got my texecom48 pannel lcdprox keypad sounder an pirs, the instructions are very confusing

i have 6 pirs (reflex) inside the connections alarm(2connections) +12v 0v tamp(2connections) should i just connect 1wire to alarm and 1 to tamp and my red an black to the 12 an 0v or do i need another wire into the alarm an tamp connection?? at the kep pad i have my network connections which just pair to the pannel network connections, what connects into the zone1 connections??

Hi Niall,

I live in Northern Ireland also,

Its depends on what the panel wants???

Usually, if it is a "four wire" system just use

12v red

0v Black

alarm (2 connections) green and white, one colour in each terminal

tamper (2 Connections) yellow and blue, one colour in each terminal.

But if the panel is set for "two wire"

12v red

0v Black

alarm (2 connections) white in one of the terminals, and a resistor leg??

The other leg of the resistor will go into the other alarm terminal

tamper (2 connections) Green in the end terminal (on its own) Then a resistor from the other

tamper terminal to the resistor of the alarm sensor???

Hope this helps you

If not you can email me xxxxxxxxx :punk:

Archived