Security Installer Community

3 To 5 Min Exp

Chris3080

Hi all

I have been applying for jobs since the start of the year when i left the Army!!!!! every single one keep coming back with the same thing you need atleast 3 to 5 years exp!!!!!! so how can i do it ?? or am is that just the polite way of saying no ones hiring because of the Credit Crunch!!!! :banned:

Thanks all :bruce_h4h:

Welcome to the real world where you have to be productive and profitable too. I dont think its really the credit crunch to blame more a case of theres plenty people with exerience who can start on those terms tomorrow.

Depending on your experience in the Army you could be an asset to any electronic security systems installer but you need to explain that in your applications.

If you have an electrical/electronic background theres a chance you could learn enough in 6 weeks or so to start to be a profitable service engineer but theres so much product knowledge to learn these days many would argue thats not possible. But thats how i got into the industry back in 87, that and the branch manager was Ex RAF.

There are some courses around that can teach you the basics, then you could offer yourself on a basic pay/free trial basis maybe?

Ian is correct, most want you ready to go from day one. welcome, work your way around this list and we see you when you are finished. then maybe we will have some more...elctronics is but a small part of this job :whistle: training is the key, initially. but you will never beat exp when it comes to fault finding at 3am on a cold morning, half way up a ladder :whistle: as a start, places like tavcom offer week training courses. you may find it easy but, it will give you an insight and a piece of paper..then may i suggest you trawl though every relevant posts on this wonderful site. there are many good tips and many of the problems have been discussed over the year.. then get a copy of all the regs and read those at least once. then begin by helping out friends and relatives....maybe volunteer some of you time with a local company, to get a foot in the door. good luck

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived