Security Installer Community

Problems - Texecom Amqd's And Texecom Premier

BaronRocket

Gents,

Thanks for you help with the Sounder question yesterday.

So I have completed the wiring, powered up the system (on battery), connected by PC by USBCOMM and uploaded the config from Wintex.

I have 11 Texecom AMQD PIR's connected to the system and have set them up as T-EOL. Wired Blue/Yellow pair for T-EOL circuit and Black/Red for the 12v / 0v between the Panel and the PIR's. I have left the Tamper on the Panel 'bridged' as supplied as default.

I am getting 'Tamper' faults on 5 of the 11 PIR's. They all pick up movement when you do a 'Walk Test'. Wintex Diagnostics are showing Resistance of circa 2.17 for the PIR's that are working and >1000 for those showing a 'Tamper'.

Any thoughts on what I should do try a prove and resolve this?

cheers

Jason

They are programmed as double pole and NOT normally closed I assume??

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What zones are they connected to and what expander are you using?

Breff,

Texecom Premier 24 Panel (Metal Case)

Texecom 8XE Zone Internal Expansion Module

Texecom COM2400

Texecom Prestige AMQD PIR's (x11)

Flush Magnetic Door Contacts (x3)

Texecom Odyssey 3e Sounders (x2)

Texecom Surface Mount Prox RKP (x2)

Texecom Surface Mount RKP (x1)

Zone 1 (Panel): Mag Door Switch - All OK

Zone 2 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 3 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 4 (Panel): Unused

Zone 5 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 6 (Panel): Mag Door Switch - All OK

Zone 7 (Panel): AMQD - All OK

Zone 8 (Panel): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 9 (8XE): AMQD - All OK

Zone 10 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 11 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 12 (8XE): Mag Door Switch - Tamper (Need to check)

Zone 13 (8XE): AMQD - All OK

Zone 14 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 15 (8XE): AMQD - Tamper

Zone 16 (8XE): Unused

cheers

Jason

In Global System Options, configuration options, what is option 20 set to? It should be unselected.

I suggest you swap the zone wiring of zones 9 and 10 and see if the fault moves, if it does you have an issue with your wiring or EOL values at the detectors, if it doesn't move its a programming problem or a 'glitch'(usually cured by a total downpower and repower) , you did do a default on the panel when you first powered it up???

Also, have you done a 'confirm devices' from the keypad?

Breff,

Option 20 in Global options is unselected.

I will try swapping the zone wiring of zones 9 and 10 and see if the fault moves.

I have left the jumpers in the default positions for Texecom at the PIR's (I have assumed that I don't need to wire in the resistors as all of the kit is Texecom).

I did a a quick continuity test on a couple of pairs on the problem PIR's and all seemed OK, but may need to check more thoroughly.

I did do a default on the Panel at power up, but perhaps I didn't hold down long enough?

How would I go about a complete down power and repower?

Also, have you done a 'confirm devices', I tried this, but possibly didn't do it properly, so again perhaps need to retry (first?).

cheers

Jason

Breff,

I won't have time to try some of your suggestions until this evening, but a quick points of note:

I tried the Confirm Devices option and got the following:

Keypads : - 123.

Expander : - ..

Should the internal 8XE Expander be showing?

I was concerned about leaving it to run on Battery Only for too long, so I applied mains power last night. So I am keen to understand what I need to do to carry out a complete power down (without the Sounders going crazy) and if this also requires a reset back to factory defaults? If so, it isn't a major issue as I have to config saved in Wintex.

Finally what would be the issue if I programmed them as EOL/Double Pole rather than T-EOL, would this just disable the Anti Masking functionality?

cheers

Jason

I suppose you are aware that you are over the maximum current draw allowed from that control panel? (even with both bells in SCB mode - what mode did you leave them in?) - according to Texecoms calculation software. You are not by any chance tripping out one of the polyfuses as well? - due to overload.

The Wintex resistance readings of 2.17 is correct but the other reading is open circuit meaning you have not connected the wire or not connected it correctly check it again - you would not be able to see the zone resistances of the zones on the expander unless you had programmed it correctly but you should be able to see it in device confirm so something is wrong.

I do not understand if you managed to put the system in how you do not understand how to switch it off and back on again? but half is correct so you are nearly there - keep going.

Archived