Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751en Installation (wireless)

iwatch

Hi,

Started to get panicky and bought these scantronic items off Ebay and have a local alarm guy going to fit it for me.

I didnt want a cable everywhere so opted for a wireless system.

Scantronic 9751EN with 9941 Keypad (is it possible to set and unset this with a remote control like my car? )

Scantronic 768R 8 Channel Radio Reciever + 8600 Relay (Dont have a clue what the relay is for but it came with it!)

Scantronic 714PIR (3 of them) (Will my small dog trigger these?)

Scantronic 720R Smoke Detectors (2 of them) (Are these any good?)

Scantronic 734R Door Contact

Just would like some professionals opinion on whether this is a good setup and roughly how long should it take a good installer to fit properly?

Also I dont have a bell box got yet and was wondering should I get a wired BellBox ?

Any advice appreciated!

Guest old-hand
Hi,

Started to get panicky and bought these scantronic items off Ebay and have a local alarm guy going to fit it for me.

Scantronic 9751EN with 9941 Keypad (is it possible to set and unset this with a remote control like my car? )

No I`m afraid not.

Scantronic 768R 8 Channel Radio Reciever + 8600 Relay (Dont have a clue what the relay is for but it came with it!)

Relay board just gives more outputs.

As long as you set it up correctly a small dog should pose no problem.

Not bad "kit" and loud so you will hear them

Capable of using two zones.

Just would like some professionals opinion on whether this is a good setup and roughly how long should it take a good installer to fit properly?

Also I dont have a bell box got yet and was wondering should I get a wired BellBox ?

Any advice appreciated!

It is pretty good kit. As for how long to fit, how long is a piece of string. Bearing in mind the keypad needs to be hard-wired, as a internal sounder for indication of the setting and un setting procedure. Allow a day, anything less is a bonus. So if your actually asking how much should you be charged, its a days money.

There are several schools of thought on wireless bells/sirens. In the long run a wired bell is the best option.

Hope this helps

cheers

Hi,

Any advice appreciated!

Ditch the 768, get a RFX08 or RFX16 (will give you 8 or 16 zones wired to 9751 data bus plus can add 8 or 18 telecommanders)

rfx08_16_new_style.pdf

And get a 727 etc

722_3_7_8_Keyfob.pdf

Hardwired bell imo.

Nothing wrong with the 768 solid kit, just that you mentioned setting/unsetting system. the RFX is on the 9751 data bus so can do just that. Also the info you get on 768 is only on the 768. Info on RFX is available via system keypad (saves looking in cupboard/loft etc.)

768 needs 769 expander, so better to ditch 768 fit RFX16 if you need that many zones! (would allow 16 detectors + 16 telecommands!!)

Bellboxes, bit down to personal favorites really as most of the good makes are fairly reliable. They all do economy versions (usually just one piezo), would suggest paying the extra.

Should I locate the 768 beside the keypad in the hall or should I hook it up beside the control panel itself?

If I hook it up in the hall beside the keypad the place will look like Nasa lol

Looking at the datasheet for the 722 remote keyfob its compatible with the 768 so there should be no problem setting unsetting the alarm (Is this correct?)

Do the keyfobs use up a wireless channel themselves?

I still have to buy a two keyfobs one for her indoors and myself.

I spotted a rapier 6500 bellbox looks pretty cool in stainless steel, what do you think of these?

Still need to purchase the keyfobs and an internal sounder.

Thanks again for your advice appreciate it

Nothing wrong with the 768 solid kit, just that you mentioned setting/unsetting system. the RFX is on the 9751 data bus so can do just that. Also the info you get on 768 is only on the 768. Info on RFX is available via system keypad (saves looking in cupboard/loft etc.)

768 needs 769 expander, so better to ditch 768 fit RFX16 if you need that many zones! (would allow 16 detectors + 16 telecommands!!)

Bellboxes, bit down to personal favorites really as most of the good makes are fairly reliable. They all do economy versions (usually just one piezo), would suggest paying the extra.

Should I locate the 768 beside the keypad in the hall or should I hook it up beside the control panel itself?

If I hook it up in the hall beside the keypad the place will look like Nasa lol

Looking at the datasheet for the 722 remote keyfob its compatible with the 768 so there should be no problem setting unsetting the alarm (Is this correct?)

Do the keyfobs use up a wireless channel themselves?

I still have to buy a two keyfobs one for her indoors and myself.

I spotted a rapier 6500 bellbox looks pretty cool in stainless steel, what do you think of these?

Still need to purchase the keyfobs and an internal sounder.

Thanks again for your advice appreciate it

Put the 768 where good reception and where you can view status etc.

You can wire an output on 768 to a zone on 9751 and prog zone as a keyswitch to set/unset. Easier if you have a UK version 9751. Be warned - you could lean on fob up the road and unset system, esp if you added aerial to 768.

You can have up to 4 fobs per channel.

Rapier - nice.

• 2 months later...

Quick Update!

Thanks for the Advice, I got an Alarm engineer in and he installed everything in about 2 days, it works well, my Elmdene alarm box would wake the dead!

So my Scantronic 768R is nearlly full with just a couple of channels free and I already want to expand because I figured if the kids come down at 6am to watch the Cartoons they would set off the alarm! So really cannot set it at night! :whistle:

So my new plan is to add a Scantronic 9955 wireless expander I bought on Fleabay and put wireless contacts or shock sensors on the windows downstairs. So I can set just the windows and doors at night.

Just looking at my PVC windows I dont think the scantronic 734R wireless door sensor would sit flush on the window and was wondering would the scantronic wireless shock sensors be a better bet for the downstairs windows? or is there a way of cutting the window to sit the wireless door contact into it?

Was also wondering is it possible to add a GSM dialler to the 9751 scantronic panel and could you recommend any one in particular?

Best Regards

Tom :bruce_h4h:

Put the 768 where good reception and where you can view status etc.

You can wire an output on 768 to a zone on 9751 and prog zone as a keyswitch to set/unset. Easier if you have a UK version 9751. Be warned - you could lean on fob up the road and unset system, esp if you added aerial to 768.

You can have up to 4 fobs per channel.

Rapier - nice.

A lot depends on the type of windows you have. Contacts will only trigger if window is opened, not if glass taken out our smashed. Shocks not much use with leaded light windows! Ask you installer for advice, he'll have experience of type of window & can recommend.

Menvier SD3 will give gsm connection.

Archived