Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20

sirocco

Guest old-hand
no its doesnt,if its just one quick beep,it means its a prox tag not a programmed prox tag

Sorry, should have said its a valid one, if programmed. As in it can be accepted.

When you set the keypad to accept the code you can inadvertently add a digit.

Go back into the programming mode and delete the existing tag number then programme it again.

Remember too that to set with the tag you need to hold it there for several seconds, if you don't it will beep but not start to set.

I'll try that.

The reason I wanted to use tags on this system is that I have used tag set/tag unset in my own house system (Galaxy) for years and never had a problem (wish I hadn't said that, tempting fate) and for all the user members of my family some quite young and others quite elderly it makes the process so much simpler than using codes and pressing wrong buttons.

I'm on the side of tags (when they work)

• 2 weeks later...
I'll try that.

The reason I wanted to use tags on this system is that I have used tag set/tag unset in my own house system (Galaxy) for years and never had a problem (wish I hadn't said that, tempting fate) and for all the user members of my family some quite young and others quite elderly it makes the process so much simpler than using codes and pressing wrong buttons.

I'm on the side of tags (when they work)

have you programmed the max function for set and unset ?

Any ISO tag should work iirc. On the user tag that doesnt, remember to erase any partial number thats stored (B). Then, auto learn, on watching the numbers they usually start 00, i've had some that dont learn in first time. Also go wth what someone else mentioned, code to set, tag unset. This makes sure that the customer doesnt forget thier code :whistle: , and also on a 2-20/2-44, you can only full set with a tag

Guest RJBsec
MK7 rkp is a max reader when using fobs and the function needs to be set up.

No it doesn't, works straight out of the box on G2's, just need to prog the tags in user menu.

Guest old-hand
No it doesn't, works straight out of the box on G2's, just need to prog the tags in user menu.

Your correct after a poopy day at docs/hospital/podiatry clinic again with foot falling off and playing with my own 144 as have visitors arriving forgot the stripped down G2 functions.

can I have a beer now?

Archived