Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20

sirocco

Thanks for the quick response.

Another thing which has been baffling me is programming keytags.

I programmed two users with keytags (obtained from different sources)

Both keytags looked identical,both presented OK to the keyprox and a healthy string of digits appeared followed by two beeps.

However when I tried to set the alarm only one will initiate the setting proc and unset ok. The other gives one beep then nothing.

I am guessing that the one of these that doesn't work is not compatable with the Honeywell Galaxy system even tho it looks identical and is recognised and able to be programmed in.

Is there any way of identifying which keytags will work with a G2-20 other than trial and error?

Both keytags looked identical,both presented OK to the keyprox and a healthy string of digits appeared followed by two beeps.

However when I tried to set the alarm only one will initiate the setting proc and unset ok. The other gives one beep then nothing.

I am guessing that the one of these that doesn't work is not compatable with the Honeywell Galaxy system even tho it looks identical and is recognised and able to be programmed in.

Is there any way of identifying which keytags will work with a G2-20 other than trial and error?

i presume they both progd the same,tho ive had problems too does the prox tag num start with 00 or 0 ive had to try a few times before it accepts it

Guest old-hand

If it bleeps on presenting its a valid "tag"

Check the programming.

So whats the difference?

Can you make a proxtag into a programmed prox tag or is this set at manufacture?

only by programming it again,sometimes the keypad doesnt read it correctly even tho you see the number go in..delete it and try again..

When you set the keypad to accept the code you can inadvertently add a digit.

Go back into the programming mode and delete the existing tag number then programme it again.

Remember too that to set with the tag you need to hold it there for several seconds, if you don't it will beep but not start to set.

When you set the keypad to accept the code you can inadvertently add a digit.

Go back into the programming mode and delete the existing tag number then programme it again.

Remember too that to set with the tag you need to hold it there for several seconds, if you don't it will beep but not start to set.

agreed again,but ive always been told set the system with code unset with fob,i remember the early proxs caused probs setting and unsetting with fob only,i always tell customers code set fob unset..tho i know a few say fob set/unset...any thoughts?

Archived