Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc Zone 9 Tamper Problem

andrealouisea

Please can you help me!!

I've inherited an Accord XPC Alarm which has had all of the wires removed by previous occupants.We have had a friend engineer round to rewire it but it is now showing the following:

We have bell symbol flashing, which we understand to be a Zone 9 tamper. We are not fitting an outside bell - What links do we need to put in to the bell terminal to clear the tamper code off of the keypad??

Engineer friend has fitted the alarm but is not familiar with this system - He is tearing his hair out!

Many Thanks in advance

Andrea

Guest old-hand

Zone 9 flashing could be a service timer activated, the "national" that used to fit them did this.

Does it still set and unset plus activate, if so ignore it.

Thanks for the advice.

My Husband has asked do you mean a resistor or a solid link. Engineer has had to go home and has left my OH to it, he's an engineer so very clued up generally but has never tackled anything like this before.

We have 4 wires that come from the internal bell to the terminals you are refering to (Bell +, Bell -, STRB, -R BTAMP, -BTAMP) Does he just wire the bell in and then link the 2 BTAMPS with the wires in situ??

Thanks so much for your patience and advice

Andrea :D

Thanks for the advice.

My Husband has asked do you mean a resistor or a solid link. Engineer has had to go home and has left my OH to it, he's an engineer so very clued up generally but has never tackled anything like this before.

We have 4 wires that come from the internal bell to the terminals you are refering to (Bell +, Bell -, STRB, -R BTAMP, -BTAMP) Does he just wire the bell in and then link the 2 BTAMPS with the wires in situ??

Thanks so much for your patience and advice

Andrea :D

Without knowing what connections are made at the bell it is impossible to say which wire goes where in the panel.

Firstly fit a simple solid wire link between -R BTAMP and -BTAMP and see if that enables you to set the system.

Thanks RJB, Thats done. Its allowing us to set the alarm now!

BUT!!!

Everytime we pass a PIR or open a door its triggering a constant beep from the keypad and flashing up the zone thats been crossed. Is it just a case of setting it all up now??

I do have the engineer and user manual but could use a little guidance!

Thanks RJB, Thats done. Its allowing us to set the alarm now!

BUT!!!

Everytime we pass a PIR or open a door its triggering a constant beep from the keypad and flashing up the zone thats been crossed. Is it just a case of setting it all up now??

I do have the engineer and user manual but could use a little guidance!

It sounds like you have [Chime] set on each zone - check your manual for how to switch the [Chime] function off.

Also it maybe that the whole system needs to be re-programmed, a local alarm engineer doing a service wouldn't be a bad idea :)

It sounds like you have [Chime] set on each zone - check your manual for how to switch the [Chime] function off.

Also it maybe that the whole system needs to be re-programmed, a local alarm engineer doing a service wouldn't be a bad idea :)

Great! - I'll search the manual now! - Engineer service booked for next friday but I'm worried as there have been a spate of burglaries in our area and I want it working ASAP!!

Thanks again for all your advice - Its VERY much appreciated :cheersbeer.gif

Archived