Security Installer Community

Zonealarm Firewall Corrupted!

nitro

i have a zonelab firewall which failed to start once pc reboot(it says cannot find vsutil.dll)yet i can see it located in program/zonelab/zonealarm/repair!! ,

it also won't allow me to fresh download and update(cos it say it cannot stop the truevector service!!)

and it won,t uninstalled(cos it says 'The uninstaller cannot locate resources needed to uninstall'!!).

and!! yes and it stopping my internet connection, my internet is ok with another pc.

I really need to get the zonealarm out which think is the culprit! :ranting:

Any suggestion for me? :!:

i have a zonelab firewall which failed to start once pc reboot(it says cannot find vsutil.dll)yet i can see it located in program/zonelab/zonealarm/repair!! ,

it also won't allow me to fresh download and update(cos it say it cannot stop the truevector service!!)

and it won,t uninstalled(cos it says 'The uninstaller cannot locate resources needed to uninstall'!!).

and!! yes and it stopping my internet connection, my internet is ok with another pc.

I really need to get the zonealarm out which think is the culprit! :ranting:

Any suggestion for me? :!:

What OS and service pack you running??

Right click 'My Computer' -> Select properties -> Advanced -> Environment variables -> Lower pane shows system variables, click on the path variable and add the path to the repair dir in the same manner as shown for all other folders.. e.g. semicolon follwed by pathname (;C:\path\to\repair\).

Reboot and try again.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

A quick scan of SP3 & Zonealarm posts on google shows that it comes down to running it under the administrator login.

Have you attempted to log in as administrator to see if you are more easily able to run / uninstall the app?

Still try the above first.

* Note - it is not just Zonealarm preventing access - apparently SP3 also can mess up network settings - so check yours.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Yes I seem to remember somewhere a thread talking about the major snafu that was XP SP3 + Zone Alarm.

To stop the "truevector" service

Start > run > services.msc

Look for the "Truevector" service - I always hit the "standard" tab same infor just no stupid side panel, right click and select "stop" it should stop it then try and fix it..

I'd look all this up on the pc that does work.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived