Security Installer Community

Minerva Mx1000 Fire Panel

Leigh1983

Forgot to hand in the company stock?

:P

haha nope! if i had theres it would of expired as there limited to date or number of uses, i done some sub-contracting for tyco as a favour and as a gesture of goodwill they sorted me out with a programmer & software & dongle all of which dont expire!

Guest old-hand
haha nope! if i had theres it would of expired as there limited to date or number of uses, i done some sub-contracting for tyco as a favour and as a gesture of goodwill they sorted me out with a programmer & software & dongle all of which dont expire!

Got a replicator and an Ebay account :P

trust me you dont have the engineers code, if you did you could do it from the panel! adt wouldnt use a laptop to do it they would use the service tool (hand held programmer) to address the new device! on the newer software you can even auto learn the loops to add devices!

I use to work for adt once upon a time! if your having any troubles addressing devices let me know as i still have a hand held programmer ;)

i ain't going to get into a slanging match, but yes we do have the engineers codes, laptop handheld programmer same difference, ADT can't do it through the front end, don't have any problems addressing devices as we get them straight from ADT as they are aware of the problems with the site we have.

trust me you dont have the engineers code, if you did you could do it from the panel! adt wouldnt use a laptop to do it they would use the service tool (hand held programmer) to address the new device! on the newer software you can even auto learn the loops to add devices!

I use to work for adt once upon a time! if your having any troubles addressing devices let me know as i still have a hand held programmer ;)

How does the auto learn work ? How would you know which piont has which address ? Is this on v14 ?

Me fail English? That's unpossible

i ain't going to get into a slanging match, but yes we do have the engineers codes, laptop handheld programmer same difference, ADT can't do it through the front end, don't have any problems addressing devices as we get them straight from ADT as they are aware of the problems with the site we have.

Haha chill out pal, the code you have may well be the engineer code for your adt region but when the system is commissioned the engineer sets up the codes and there access level so yes you have what you assume to be the engineer code that will work on other panels in your area but its set probably as engineer and not engineer supervisor which is what you need to have access to the full menu! this change address option in the service menu has always been available on the mx!

and no a laptop or handheld programmer are not same difference! the programmers only function is to address devices and it doesnt connect to the panel in any way.

and as for where you get your detectors from im not too interested to be honest i only said if your having problems addressing them let me know as an offer of assistance not as some sort of dig, all i meant was if you need some devices addressing just post them to me and i would post them back to you addressed up!

How does the auto learn work ? How would you know which piont has which address ? Is this on v14 ?

you have to address all the points first then auto configure loop

if you do have the engineer supervisor code then fast access 97 will take you directly to the change address option.

if you do have the engineer supervisor code then fast access 97 will take you directly to the change address option.

Where is fast access on MX ? Does auto configure build up a basic program ? For example if i auto configure and set a cp will it work ?

Me fail English? That's unpossible

Where is fast access on MX ? Does auto configure build up a basic program ? For example if i auto configure and set a cp will it work ?

the fast access on the mx is just below the alpha numeric keypad, if you auto config the loop it will see the device i imagine it will stick it in zone 1 and set it in a evac group for a cp so yes it should work but you will have no text!

MrMxMinerva, i read the post that you wrote and i want to ask you if i can change the mode of detection on 801PH,801P or 813P minerva detectors from the panel operator.

I saw the post where you wrote about changing a detector and its address, and i wonder if it's the same on MX4000 Fire panel.

Thanks,

Archived