Security Installer Community

Minerva Mx1000 Fire Panel

Leigh1983

Hi everyone,

Have been asked to quote for a take over of a the maintenance contract of a ADT Tyco fire alarm system. It is the Minerva MX100. I am fairly certain that ADT panels are closed protocol to some extent with issues taking over systems or getting service spares. Is this true or can anyone work on the system providing they have access codes? If an access code is avaliable is it necessary to have software to work on the system? With regards to the system do the devices self learn or is a manual loop learning sequence necessary?

Many thanks with your answers.

Leigh.

[

Hi Leigh,

You are quite right, the MX1000 is closed protocol using MX Consys dongled configuration software. However, all servicing functions are straightforward, with device replacement achievable. All new devices come pre-programmed at address 255, remove defective device, "device missing/no response", pop in new device, "unconfigured device address 255", go to change address; enter old address "255", enter new address "address of the original device e.g. 77". Job done. Parts available ex stock, pre-programmed if required from: www.acornfiresecurity.com

depends on the software version early mx's you can't later ones you can, its in one of the menu's don't ask me which one though :unsure:

its in the service menu, and has always been available chances are the code you have is a customer code and so does not give you access to the service menu

nope have the full engineers code, can't be done even adt can't do it from the front end they need to have their laptop with them.

trust me you dont have the engineers code, if you did you could do it from the panel! adt wouldnt use a laptop to do it they would use the service tool (hand held programmer) to address the new device! on the newer software you can even auto learn the loops to add devices!

I use to work for adt once upon a time! if your having any troubles addressing devices let me know as i still have a hand held programmer ;)

Guest old-hand
t

I use to work for adt once upon a time! if your having any troubles addressing devices let me know as i still have a hand held programmer ;)

Forgot to hand in the company stock?

:P

Archived