Security Installer Community

Pirs For Galaxy Dimension Touchscreen Alarm Panel

veryalarmed

Hello,

I am looking at installing a new alarm system into my house but I would like your guidance on good quality PIRs for my alarm. The alarm I am thinking of getting is a Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Touchscreen. I have self installed a couple of cheaper alarms over the last 20years or so so I am reasonably comfortable with how alarms are wired up and configured. I like this touchscreen version due to its ability in programming zones to come on at different times as well as having a 'fancy' lookiing entryscreen(Im in IT so like anything looking technical!)

I would like to explore going with PIRs that are dual technology so to minimise false alarms and improve detection. In addition I have a pet cat and small dog so the PIRs would need to accomodate these furry animals. I dont mind paying a reasonable amount(up to 20-25pounds each) for good quality PIRs. The PIRs would need to service rooms: kitchen(with a patio door so there may be some warmth coming through), dining room, hallway and living room.

What would your recommendation be?

I would like the hallway PIR to have a built in cctv camera. This PIR would be facing the front door\of the house. Any recommendations on what to get here as well that is good quality, feature rich(such as being an IP based cctv camera would be nice) and is fully compatible with the Galaxy Dimension Touchscreen Alarm Panel?

cheers everyone.

Chris

you wont find a decent pir with a built in pir as the bulk of these are designed to activate cctv and false alarms are less impoertant here.

If you want a pet tolerant dualtec id go for the bosch blueline tritech unit.

Also the dimension is a big powerful panel and not for the faint hearted

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

you wont find a decent pir with a built in pir as the bulk of these are designed to activate cctv and false alarms are less impoertant here.

If you want a pet tolerant dualtec id go for the bosch blueline tritech unit.

Also the dimension is a big powerful panel and not for the faint hearted

red bull boch blulines again

this is starting to sound like advertising lol

aint there a good yale one out there !!!

Archived