Security Installer Community

Infinate Prime

ROB5AK

Hi folks would be grateful of some advice, have fitted an infinate prime and everything working ok except for the dialler, I have wires 2 and 5 going into left hand terminals and not using the terminals with the phone showing, getting no tones after phoning second time as directed, installation manuel is a bit hit and miss unless you are an experienced installer, any input would be gratefully appreciated, regards Rob

if you have a meter check the voltage across the terminals.... should be around 48-60v. and if phone is ringing 96-100v

Are you wiring into the back box or patching a telephone cable in? Try different cable?

Is there a phone connected? can you connect one if not and test line is working ok.

If I have read the question correctly it is working a little bit..... the reason why I say check the wires is had a lot of problems with a modem once that was due to a faulty connection..... worked a little bit so spent lots of time looking at the wrong thing because the line was thought to be ok.

Thanks Newbie, the burgler alarm is working ok, just that I cant get the autodialler working (seems a black art to me this telephone stuff) what I have done is buy a telephone extension cable and take the end of it, wires 2 and 5 being red and white of I drawing I seen of the web, attached the 2 wires to the line terminals in the alarm, programmed the panel as per the instructions and went out to a telephone box and phoned as per instructions, my regards Rob

Thanks Newbie, the burgler alarm is working ok, just that I cant get the autodialler working (seems a black art to me this telephone stuff) what I have done is buy a telephone extension cable and take the end of it, wires 2 and 5 being red and white of I drawing I seen of the web, attached the 2 wires to the line terminals in the alarm, programmed the panel as per the instructions and went out to a telephone box and phoned as per instructions, my regards Rob

"went out to a telephone box"...... do they still exist and work??????...

anyhow, are you getting any response from making a call?

Some phone cables use varnish coated copper and will not make a good connection when just stripped... sometimes using a lighter to melt varnish will work. If the copper cable is red or green translucent colour or looks and feels like thread it could be that.

"went out to a telephone box"...... do they still exist and work??????...

anyhow, are you getting any response from making a call?

Some phone cables use varnish coated copper and will not make a good connection when just stripped... sometimes using a lighter to melt varnish will work. If the copper cable is red or green translucent colour or looks and feels like thread it could be that.

Thanks mate I will have a go at that, No response making a call, about the telephone box yeh they still make and they still stink of pee my regards Rob

Archived