Security Installer Community

Csl Dualcom Issues

rustythe1

well it looks like all these units had different resolutions, the first, must have been a bt fault, after 5 days it suddenly started working on its own, the other two were the fault of the monitoring station, typical, basicly they were routing the calls to the wrong reciver number so although it was being acknolged it didnt show up on thier system, but im glad to say its not the units faults,

well it looks like all these units had different resolutions, the first, must have been a bt fault, after 5 days it suddenly started working on its own, the other two were the fault of the monitoring station, typical, basicly they were routing the calls to the wrong reciver number so although it was being acknolged it didnt show up on thier system, but im glad to say its not the units faults,

BT Faults - they "never" happen do they.....

I mean who'd have thought that the ARC could erm have the unit call a "wrong number", of course that's "never happened before" .

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

lol Gopher - They should have signalled through to our arc then they would be ok ;)

Tbh - the Gemini platform used with Dualcom would mean that the ARC had indicated the receiver lines to use at the point of ordering the unit so the above should not have occured.

Maybe you need to look for a new ARC?

:)

Btw - your ARC should be able to tell you the source of all test signals received - on a standard Dualcom GPRS that would be at least 4 paths, GPRS1/GPRS2/GSM/PSTN or GPRS1/GPRS2/GSM/IP or however you prefer to configure the device.

If your ARC is not sure then they need to work out how to read the raw data received within their software applications.

I am glad to hear you have resolved the issue though tbh I would be pretty confident the CSL lads would get you sorted, they are all a good crowd.

p.s. - Rusty - it would have been received on their system - just not the correct account e.g. a default offset record. They ought have known to check for that possibility.

'J

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

• 1 month later...

find the dualcom gprs to be the most engineer friendly unit weve used in a long time,only issue weve ever had was the lan cards and that turned out to be the customers network,also if the display was getting to the letter A it was defo being received at the arc,where in the arc is another matter though :rolleyes:

Archived