Security Installer Community

2 Wireless Alarms Advice Please

Hi All,

Been reading and reading and trying to find some information about getting a wireless alarm installed.

First of all i have a 3 bed town house.

so gnd floor, have hallway kitchen and lounge, first floor have 2 beds and bath, top floor dont need anything

so looking to get

1 door sensor,

2 shock sensors

5 PIR's (hallway, lounge, bed2, bed3 and garage next to house)

1 wireless bell box

1 control panel

1 speech dialler and may add on the broadband later.

out of the powermax pro and ion16 which one would you recommend. is there any major difference from the powermax plus?

i have been quoted by one company 695+ Vat for install for the ion16, that will be wired for the bell box and panel and rest w/l

are they both easy to configure for a competent diy'er

Any help and advice will be much appreciated and needed, i dont know which one to get..

thank you

Ash

oh and forgot to ask, is the wireless bell box any good for either? do many of you installers have issues with these? apart from changing batteries?

i will get the control panel hard wired to a spur.

thanks

We have limited experience of the I-on (its fairly new) and have found customers like it very much. The detectors it uses have been around for ages and are very reliable indeed.

Personally if your fitting wireless I'd suggest you still go for a hard wired bellbox - louder/got "comfort" or "deterrent" LEDs/ no need to get the ladders out every couple of years.

We fitted only one wireless I-on bellbox for someone who wants to move when property market picks up. Had no probs with it, and they look professional.

No experience of the powermax.

Hope that helps.

Hi All,

Been reading and reading and trying to find some information about getting a wireless alarm installed.

so gnd floor, have hallway kitchen and lounge, first floor have 2 beds and bath, top floor dont need anything

so looking to get

1 door sensor,

2 shock sensors

1 wireless bell box

1 control panel

out of the powermax pro and ion16 which one would you recommend. is there any major difference from the powermax plus?

i have been quoted by one company 695+ Vat for install for the ion16, that will be wired for the bell box and panel and rest w/l

Any help and advice will be much appreciated and needed, i dont know which one to get..

thank you

Ash

oh and forgot to ask, is the wireless bell box any good for either? do many of you installers have issues with these? apart from changing batteries?

thanks

Hi All,

so looking to get

1 door sensor,

2 shock sensors

1 wireless bell box

1 control panel

thank you

Ash

thanks

Hello

I have installed both powermax plus , powermax pro and i-on16 ... I am installing i-on16 everytime now ... far superior over any diy kit

Use a non switched fused spur with a 3 or 5A fuse

The broadband filter plugs on the speechdialler so ADSL no problem when u get that installed

I agree with spamcop fit a wired bell it will also keep the costs down - you can get a wireless bell its a scantronic 760 and made by elmdean 2 years battery life depending on activations

Want any other advice just message me

i-on16 is far easier to program hence install

excellent, thank you for the advice.

if i was to order the i-on16 from any website or the link above, does that come with the installer guide?? i have mailed the site sponsor, but have not heard anything for last 2 days.

and are they easy to follow for configuration?

Thanks

We tested 3 systems on the market, Powermax, I-on16, & Texecom.

Power max pain in the ass, we gave the test unit away it failed to meet radio class 6 as required, we graded it as1, The I-on16 better but had problems with the radio would drop out.

We now use the texecom radio plug in system which converts the normal wired panel to a full rqadio system grade 3 class6 all signalling options and some others as well. Pirs last years on a battery.

I agreed with the others about wired external siren boxes, but if we can we still go for a wired alarm system,

yes cost's a bit more but you can not beat it, radio is not 100% and can be jamed very easly, any intruder who knows his stuff will beable to identifi your system from the box outside.

We now use the texecom radio plug in system which converts the normal wired panel to a full rqadio system grade 3 class6

Grade 3 radio system?

Archived