Security Installer Community

Adt Accord Xpc Battery Replacement

Hi there

hope you can help

I have a ADT XPC Accord house alarm that requires a replacement battery.

I have all the manuals and installation guides, but to replace the battery, I believ I need to put the system into engineer mode.

I've tried the default codes, but these dont seem to work.

If I remove the control panel cover to access the faulty battery, I'm presuming that the tamper switch will set off the alarm?

If this is the case, once the cover is off, could I enter my user code to stop the alarm sounding, or do I need the engineers or master code?

another option I thought about is

If I remove the main inline fuse, then remove the control box cover to access the battery, will the alarm sound (there is still some life in the battery), and if I disconnect the battery terminals, would the alarm then stop?

My plan is to remove the inline fuse, quickly remove the cover to access the battery, replace the battery, put the cover back on and hopefully everything should still work?

Or if I remove the mains power and the battery, will the system have to be reprogrammed/will it show errors on the touch panel?

any help, gratefully recieved

many thanks in advance

If I remove the control panel cover to access the faulty battery, I'm presuming that the tamper switch will set off the alarm?

If this is the case, once the cover is off, could I enter my user code to stop the alarm sounding

Yes & yes

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived