Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus External Alarm - Secure?

davidish

Hi,

I'm planning to install a powermax+ system that comes bundled with an external wireless alarm. Because of the design of the block, there is no where near the flat that it can be installed that is beyond easy reach of a passer by. Can anyone tell me how secure the alarm box is? Is it tamper resistant? Is it made of metal and will it withstand a few whacks if some vandal/ burglar tries to bash it off the wall? Does anyone have any suggestions of how it might be secured so that it is tamper proof?

Also, out of interest, other than the pretty box, what are the key performance differences between the PowerMax+ and the PowerMax Pro?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm planning to install a powermax+ system that comes bundled with an external wireless alarm. Because of the design of the block, there is no where near the flat that it can be installed that is beyond easy reach of a passer by. Can anyone tell me how secure the alarm box is? Is it tamper resistant? Is it made of metal and will it withstand a few whacks if some vandal/ burglar tries to bash it off the wall? Does anyone have any suggestions of how it might be secured so that it is tamper proof?

Also, out of interest, other than the pretty box, what are the key performance differences between the PowerMax+ and the PowerMax Pro?

Thanks.

Hello, The bellbox will be tampered and not made of metal. If your worried about someone smashing it off the wall you could put a metal cage around it.

djrock

Archived