Security Installer Community

Gsm Modules

phew

Hi all,

I would be grateful for any advice I can get regarding a GSM module I have put into a new ESP infinite prime. I have tried various locations for the control panel but cannot receive a signal level higher than 3-4 even though in this location my mobile phone is indicating a full signal level. I can ring in to the panel but there is an awful lot of interference, and on testing the burglar activation the panel will not ring out, although it did once when I first set up the system. I have double checked and everything is set up properly. I was wondering if there is some way for me to tweak the signal or have I been sold a dud?. Thanks.

No unfortunately there is no external ariel connection that I can see. The panel is mounted on a three slab plasterboard wall with no metal anywhere close. The signal reading to all the sensors is a max. 9. I would have thought that the fact that I'm getting maximum signal strength on my mobile phone which is on the same network would point towards a fault in the modules receiver. I suppose I can always try a different network but really can't see this making a difference considering my present signal strength on my mobile.

I presume the GSM transmitter is built into the module, which is in a fixed slot in the control panel. Thats the problem, no matter where I place the panel the signal is poor even though the signal on my mobile is excellent in that same position.

Archived