Security Installer Community

Connecting Texecom Odyssey Bell To Accenta G4

lesliez

I have installed my external siren and connected the wiring. All I have left to do is power up the system and connect the battery and test everything (!). My question is, should I power up the system before I attach the cover to the bell (in other words with an open tamper circuit) or is it ok to power up the system with the cover on the bell?

Also, is it best to power up the system from the mains first or with the battery first?

Thanks

finish off the bell first. when you connect the battery up on the bell outside . 1 of the LED`s will flash and when you have put the cover on properly, the LED on the other side will flash. thats telling you the bell tamper is ok. if the LED doesn`t switch to the other side means the tamper isn`t connecting right. usually bending the arm on the tamper switch solves the problem.

when thats done i would connect the battery first in the main box. the system should then burst into life. just enter your code at this point to stop the noise. then fit the panel cover and put the mains on. just so your not messing arround in the box when mains is present. better being safe.

then assuming everything is connected correctly it should be ready for testing/programming.

Sounds like a stupid question, but how do you connect the battery in the bell box, something I have obviously forgotten to do since it's up there with cover on and nothing flashing at all!

its a while since ive fitted one of they bells. but from memory the connections for the battery are on the left from where you put your own connections in. red and black wires. it used to be a case of putting the red wire into the terminal on the right of where it is now. batt +. black wire - batt - was already in place. this is just from memory remember so might not be correct. might be best to read the booklet that comes with it. or somebody else might be able to correct me if im wrong

Heres what it says in the manual "Connect the battery either using the jumper included on some models or by moving the red battery wire from the “N/C” (No Connect) terminal to the “Battery +” terminal."

Reread all manuals again since it will make fault finding a bit easier and stops any accidental equipment damage.

Also it will stop making a mistake like this, that would mean the siren is easily disabled.

djrock

Archived