Security Installer Community

Humbugs ?

shieldssecurity

hi,

Merry Christmas to you all.

I'm getting some interference with a CCTV system and I want to put some in-line filters but I can't remember what they are called for some reason I keep thinking of HUMBUGS but I don't know if thats just Christmas getting in the way.

Can anyone tell me what they are called and where I can get them from.

Thanks

Nick

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

hi,

Merry Christmas to you all.

I'm getting some interference with a CCTV system and I want to put some in-line filters but I can't remember what they are called for some reason I keep thinking of HUMBUGS but I don't know if thats just Christmas getting in the way.

Can anyone tell me what they are called and where I can get them from.

Thanks

Nick

Earh loop isolating transformers......

Quality varies a lot, humbugs are good ones. clearview not as good IMO.

Dont want to teach you to suck eggs, but before you spend the dough, make sure that the camera isnt earhed. if its a body camera, make sure its isolated from the housing by the plastic washer etc. if its a low voltage one, make sure the -ve isnt connected to earth. you dont want the co-ax screen earthed at both ends if you can help it.

I dont like em personally, and lost count of the ones I've removed over the years. they hide faults most of the time, not cure them !

Archived