Security Installer Community

Bbv Rx400

lowlofe

Now If memory serves me correct the 2006 is the 24dc variable speed version with optional presets built in and is a different cable. It's not like the 2000 where you apply the mains to the pin for left / right / up or down, common neutral and it moves that direction with the 2006 the left / right is 1 pair and the up / down is another there isn't any "common" so you'd need to figure out a way to do this so that when you signal left you have pin 1/A needs to +ve compared to pin 2/B and pin 2/B +ve compared to pin 1/A to go right, same with up /down execpt it's pins 3/c & 4/d for them in that order. As it's variable speed applying 12v dc to it will make it move much like the 2000 ptz head speed wise..

In theory it should work as long as you can wire it up ...

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

What Goper says seems right to me, what about using 4 relays with 230V coils, 2 for each motor, then depending on which one is energized it could supply 12v to lets say the pan motor, and then when the other is energized it would again supply 12V to the pan motor but in reverse polarity. The same is then done to the tilt motor, this way you would only need one 12V PSU

As theres no common connection, like there is with an AC head, I reckon you will be better with 2 PSUs, link the + ve of one with the -ve of the other and connect it to one terminal of the pan connection on the plug, hen use relays to swith either the =ve or -ve to the other, then do the same with the tilt side.

ignore the feedback connections.

spose it should work. not sure if it will be too fast though, or how much current you will need from your 12V PSUs either. DC heads usually work on a PCM type of thing rather than a lower voltge for lower speeds, ie lots of pulses rather than a lower voltage.

I don't know the BBV card you're using, but if the telemetry receiver is switching out 240v, you could consider cutting the PCB track which supplies 240v to the relay's, and then hard wire a suitable 24v DC PSU directly to the isolated (previously 'live')track. That way you've got a fairly simple constant speed control of the head without over complicating the wiring arrangement.

Mind you, it's only to be considered if you are confident working on PCB's, and of course you make sure it's powered down before having a play around ;)

I don't know the BBV card you're using, but if the telemetry receiver is switching out 240v, you could consider cutting the PCB track which supplies 240v to the relay's, and then hard wire a suitable 24v DC PSU directly to the isolated (previously 'live')track. That way you've got a fairly simple constant speed control of the head without over complicating the wiring arrangement.

Mind you, it's only to be considered if you are confident working on PCB's, and of course you make sure it's powered down before having a play around ;)

would be fine with an AC head, but cant see how that would work with a DC one, if I remember right, been a while, DC ones usually have 2 connections per motor, and change direction of the motor by reversing the polarity, AC ones have a common, then a seperate connection for each direction.

I dont see how you will change the polarity with the single pole relays on the PCB and just one PSU. Unless you get over complicated using diodes etc.

In any case, its a temporary measure, so why wreck the PCB ?

One point though Lowlofe..........whats wrong with the old head ? unless its seized, theyre often pretty easy to repair.

would be fine with an AC head, but cant see how that would work with a DC one, if I remember right, been a while, DC ones usually have 2 connections per motor, and change direction of the motor by reversing the polarity, AC ones have a common, then a seperate connection for each direction.

I dont see how you will change the polarity with the single pole relays on the PCB and just one PSU. Unless you get over complicated using diodes etc.

In any case, its a temporary measure, so why wreck the PCB ?

One point though Lowlofe..........whats wrong with the old head ? unless its seized, theyre often pretty easy to repair.

i would like to replace the head now for one with presets as there is scaffolding up at the moment, rather than trying to replace a head 25 foot up when there is no scaffolding.

I have worked out how to do it too, really simple, just 4 psu's wired to the two motors, so each motor has 2 power supplies connected too it (one doing one direction, the other doing the other direction) and the power supplies are protected from each other with some beasty diodes.

any objections to that method?

regs alex

i would like to replace the head now for one with presets as there is scaffolding up at the moment, rather than trying to replace a head 25 foot up when there is no scaffolding.

I have worked out how to do it too, really simple, just 4 psu's wired to the two motors, so each motor has 2 power supplies connected too it (one doing one direction, the other doing the other direction) and the power supplies are protected from each other with some beasty diodes.

any objections to that method?

regs alex

Objections ?

Its our job mate !

Archived