Security Installer Community

Morley 828m & Apollo 3 Way I/o

MatonTE1

I have just been told that the reason I can't pick up the inputs on the Apollo 3 Way I/O on a ZX5e is that the software version 828M doesn't work with it.

I did point out that this was not a new product and that it seemed ridiculous that this was the case.Tech basically told me that they only add products when they feel it necessary and so the panel would require a software upgrade at a cost.

Not being able to prove it at the time I fire up FIRE 5 and lo and behold there's the 3 Way listed under the expanded menu - pork and pies springs to mind!

Before I call "tech support" anyone had a similar experience? :hmm:

I have just been told that the reason I can't pick up the inputs on the Apollo 3 Way I/O on a ZX5e is that the software version 828M doesn't work with it.

I did point out that this was not a new product and that it seemed ridiculous that this was the case.Tech basically told me that they only add products when they feel it necessary and so the panel would require a software upgrade at a cost.

Not being able to prove it at the time I fire up FIRE 5 and lo and behold there's the 3 Way listed under the expanded menu - pork and pies springs to mind!

Yes, on later software though....

Do you have the IO units displayed as 3IO in setup on the panel?

If not you need to press the change button (Two years since I touched a Morley so I can't remember the button layout) which will change the device from a IO to a 3IO. The correct button to press was not on the panels screen menu but if memory serves it was 6, you have to wait a few seconds for it to change so don't keep hitting it!

If that doesn't work then as Morley have told you you need newer software.

There are tons of bitches about Morley in the trade section, ask to join.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Yes, on later software though....

Do you have the IO units displayed as 3IO in setup on the panel?

If not you need to press the change button (Two years since I touched a Morley so I can't remember the button layout) which will change the device from a IO to a 3IO. The correct button to press was not on the panels screen menu but if memory serves it was 6, you have to wait a few seconds for it to change so don't keep hitting it!

If that doesn't work then as Morley have told you you need newer software.

There are tons of bitches about Morley in the trade section, ask to join.

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go.

Good advice from the posts , however make sure if you auto learn the panel at anytime , the 3 i/o don't reconfigure itself to a single i/o , you will need to check this every time.

With it being a Morley you need to check 'everything' any time you touch it!

3IO interfaces on the panel I worked on did stay as 3IO after forcing the change, however a further problem with Morleys software (6.12 at the time) meant that every time an upload was done 3IO interfaces reset to fault-warning.

Morley have gone down the pan IMHO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Hi MatonTE1

Just seen your post on Morley problems. There is more info on the Trade section to which I have written quite a lot about Morley and some of the fixes. Please apply for Trade status and you will see more on the topic.

On fireware 834 the Apollo I/O units seem to come up generically as 3 way, then if you have a single channel I/O you have to change it back in the settings.

Will recheck the 828 panels we have and check to see if it can be changed to 3 way. And you are right on Fire 5 there are 3 way I/O units.

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

• 2 weeks later...
Let us know what happens, may help for the future! ;)

Basically "Tough cookie" from Morley and have fitted mini switch monitors instead inside the 3 way enclosure.

However,the company is taking it up with them as it is clearly an oversight on Morleys behalf.

cheers for replies.

Basically "Tough cookie" from Morley and have fitted mini switch monitors instead inside the 3 way enclosure.

However,the company is taking it up with them as it is clearly an oversight on Morleys behalf.

cheers for replies.

Just been looking at an 828m panel and I am using Fire 6.15 it says I can use a 3 way I/O unit.

I haven`t got a 3 way I/O unit to try but I think you can use a 3 way on 828

Pete

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Archived