Security Installer Community

Gent Vigilon With S-quad

glennb1980

just curious really had a tx fault on a device which I thought I had cleared reset the loop card, then fault comes back in but all the labels have disapeared, sorted it out eventually but I am wondering why the labels disapeared ,this never happens on 3400 panels or 34000 with out s-quad on them when you reset the loop card and it goes back into fault.

any info or ideas much appreciated

glenn

Classic problem when working on Gent kit, if you have worked on 3400 you would know what happened.......it can happen on any of the vig/compact/3400 panels.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Classic problem when working on Gent kit, if you have worked on 3400 you would know what happened.......it can happen on any of the vig/compact/3400 panels.

True but like skippy phillips says it happens all the time on s-quad, i've never seen it on other gent panels but spoke to a lad today and he confirmed what you said. Why would gent change the software to do this though?

True but like skippy phillips says it happens all the time on s-quad, i've never seen it on other gent panels but spoke to a lad today and he confirmed what you said. Why would gent change the software to do this though?

Probably the same reason why I am having an issue with a Morley ZX5e and Apollo 3 Way I/O - the owners!

Probably the same reason why I am having an issue with a Morley ZX5e and Apollo 3 Way I/O - the owners!

What trouble are they giving you?

I had a big humm dinger of a problem with them on a ZX5e and there are real problems Morley just don't fix.

I can help if you detail the problem?

there was a software change around the release of s quad that whenever a recover failed occurred you would lose all device labels and possibly more, this could happen previously on earlier panels but not every time as it does now.

When you say 'lose' you mean only from active memory Skippy, not flash?

I had this on a 3400 I upgraded to VIG but that had a RAM card and everything was safe, I also had it on a SMS compact (They fitted VIG software in them) but I blamed the last engineer for not backing up when the labels all went West....

Moral of the story is, always drag off with the PC before doing anything on a Gent now!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

When you say 'lose' you mean only from active memory Skippy, not flash?

I had this on a 3400 I upgraded to VIG but that had a RAM card and everything was safe, I also had it on a SMS compact (They fitted VIG software in them) but I blamed the last engineer for not backing up when the labels all went West....

Moral of the story is, always drag off with the PC before doing anything on a Gent now!!!!!

yeah it will only lose it from active memory the details will still be on the NVM so you can force it back if you now what you are doing, it only effects the later BS and EN software versions and i think it was something to do with a chip change or something.

Archived