Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c Tamper Faults

Neilo

Can anyone give me some pointers to a problem Veritas 8C panel (brand new) that has a permanent 24H fault on.

I have found a faulty PIR which has an inoperative microswitch but the two wires, whilst connected into the PIR are loose in the panel. This also applies to the other three detectors. The wiring seems ok but the tamper wires are just loose. Where should these be terminated, as, according to the diagram in the installation manual Figure 3 Page 12 (refering to Global Tamper System) it shows different connections to those that exist in this panel? The layout of connections are exacly as they appear in diagram on Page 8. The only mention of tamper on the terminals is at the end and, according to the notes, refers to the box tamper switch. I have put a link in this (as it says it's for the box tamper switch) but it has no effect. There is no remote keypad and is a very simple system. 4 detectors (plus a disconnected PA) and one Texecom Odessey siren.

I have followed the set up instructions entering the user code and then the engineer code, pressed PROG and was hoping to carry out a walk test (as called for in the commisionning page 14). Then entering the 06 to select the non latching test but the 24H remains on, and pressing OMIT it shows Zone 1 faulty, which, according to the table is BELL TAMPER (including Global system Tamper). Is there anyway I can isolate all the tamper circuits one by one, or is it just the Bell problem and if so can this be isolated to prove a wiring fault? I have also removed the stand-by battery whilst I've been checking the wiring but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Sorry to write a war and peace epic like this but thought the more info I gave might help answer the problem. The system was installed by builders following flood repairs so anything is possible.

I'm away until next Friday night but I can try all suggestions next Saturday. Thanks for any help. I can verify things, for example if I've tried this and that, as I will have access to this forum online.

Thats the problem with the cheaper end of the market global tamper can give you a problem especially intermitant tampers.first make sure safe to remove cover (no 240v ) then best link out the tamper zone ( 24h ) and bell o-v and tamper return refit lid and apply mains walk test if you still have a tamper looks like faulty pcb if clear remove bell tamper link and re test if clear try wiring zone tampers in 1 at a time till you find problem zone . OR replace panel with better one M600 /9853 and panel will tell you where fault is .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Hi,

Yes, the lid was on, and yes, I do have a meter. The one big thing thats confusing me is that the tamper wires from each detector are not connected to anything in the panel. Also apart from the TAMP connections on the PCB (which the manual says is ONLY for the lid tamper) there doesn't appear to be anywhere to terminate them. The panel was installed by contractors who did the flood repairs and have long since gone, but, not being familiar with the Texecom panels, is this fault fairly common on a new panel? It seems that everyone on the forum is highly critical of Texecom, so if need be is it worth changing it for something else?

Thanks for your input so far.

Hi,

Yes, the lid was on, and yes, I do have a meter. The one big thing thats confusing me is that the tamper wires from each detector are not connected to anything in the panel. Also apart from the TAMP connections on the PCB (which the manual says is ONLY for the lid tamper) there doesn't appear to be anywhere to terminate them. The panel was installed by contractors who did the flood repairs and have long since gone, but, not being familiar with the Texecom panels, is this fault fairly common on a new panel? It seems that everyone on the forum is highly critical of Texecom, so if need be is it worth changing it for something else?

Thanks for your input so far.

Texecom panels are excellent in my opinion and it is an opinion shared by many, they sell lots of them and I have personally installed at least 100.

You say the wires from the PIRs are not connected in the panel, what actually is connected across the tamper terminals in the panel?

The TAMP terminals are linked out. They are at the end of the terminal row, and according to the diagram in the manual, it says this is for the box tamper only. Mind you, with it linked out, it doesn't make any difference to the box tamper at all! I'm heading back there tomorrow so I'll try a few more things and let you know. Thanks again for the response.

Archived