Security Installer Community

Concept 6

andyk

A friend has moved into a house with a fairly old Concept 6 alarm panel - which works great EXCEPT - the keys have started to wear and now dont make contact properly. The previous owners have obviously changed the code a few times, so all the number 0-9 dont work properly.

How hard would it be to get hold of a new one? Or is it basically going to be easier to get a new panel and keypad?

A friend has moved into a house with a fairly old Concept 6 alarm panel - which works great EXCEPT - the keys have started to wear and now dont make contact properly. The previous owners have obviously changed the code a few times, so all the number 0-9 dont work properly.

How hard would it be to get hold of a new one? Or is it basically going to be easier to get a new panel and keypad?

A new Optima or Accenta PCB will drop straight in to the same casing and provide you with a new and better keypad for peanuts, together with far more flexible programming.

The Concept must be atleast 15 years old, so unless you're lucky enough to find a second hand one, you've got no chance. Also I think the concept 6 needed about 12 cores to run the keypad,where as the Optima/Accenta only uses 6.

A nearly retired previous installer !

A new Optima or Accenta PCB will drop straight in to the same casing and provide you with a new and better keypad for peanuts, together with far more flexible programming.

The Concept must be atleast 15 years old, so unless you're lucky enough to find a second hand one, you've got no chance. Also I think the concept 6 needed about 12 cores to run the keypad,where as the Optima/Accenta only uses 6.

I agree, for the cost of a new PCB and keypad it's really not worth trying to find an old keypad.

Archived