Security Installer Community

Inland Revenue

SUBS

A man comes home and finds he has a letter from the Inland Revenue advising him that he's going to be audited. In a panic, he calls his accountant: "OMG, I'm going to be audited, what do I do?" he says.

"Don't worry, I have all your receipts and paperwork in order." Says the accountant. "But I have a piece of advice for you: wear scruffy clothes, that way the auditor will think you're down on your luck and take pity on you."

The man then calls his lawyer to see if there are any legal ramifications related to auditing that he should know about.

"...and remember, if anything doesn't seem right, call me!" says the lawyer. "Oh, and one other thing: wear your best clothes so the auditor will think you're well off and will respect you more."

Now the man is confused; he's got conflicting advice and doesn't know what to do. So he goes to his pastor and explains the situation.

"Well, my son, let me tell you a story." says the pastor. "Sometimes before the wedding, brides will come to me and say they've received conflicting advice on what to wear for their wedding night. One friend will tell them to wear something very modest but another friend tells them to wear something very racy & revealing. I'm going to give you

the same advice I give them."

"Oh yeah? What's that?" says the man.

"It doesn't matter what you wear--either way, you're gonna get screwed!"

Archived