Security Installer Community

Need Help Choosing A Wireless System

Lisa

Hello everybody,

I have zero experience with burglar alarms. I have been looking into buying a Visonic Powermax+ system but then someone advised me to get a Domonial and then I read good things about Bosch (though it seems to be available only to trade installers), I've also read good reviews on Scantronic.

I need something wireless, I also need it to be DIY as I am in Egypt and I don't think they have any installers here. Ideally I need a system with the least possible problems and ease of installation and of course reliability for peace of mind and security.I also have a question about Powermax PIR's that I will post in the appropriate section. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

i have installed the powermax + system in a few sites and i must say its very easy to install and program and very easy to use as its all done via a remote fob.

havent had experience with the domonial or bosh system so i cant comment.

-Willis-

Thanks for your reply macwillis. The general consensus seems to be the Visonic Powermax plus, especially in my case as I need a DIY and relatively easy to install system. I did contact an online vendor for a comparison between the Powermax and the Domonial and he told me the Domonial is not a DIY system plus it needs programming with a laptop or PDA (something I doubt I could do!). Bosch seems to be available only to trade installers so that's that. I guess I'll be going with the Powermaxc plus, the pro is nice but over my budget. Thanks again :)

UPDATE: Bosch has a dealership in Egypt! I'll get a quote and see what options they have. I've read the Bosch easy series has received awards. Any info from anyone who has installed/used these would be terrific. Is is a supervised system? Is it better than the Visonic Powermax plus? Many thanks in advance.

Go for the Powermax and please do not buy B&Q junk like the Yale.

I agree, the Yale is not really an option for me after the advice of many. Now I'm really confused because I found Honeywell and Bosch dealerships where I am (Egypt). I think getting a system professionally installed will be much easier than buying a system online, having it sent over, paying through the nose with fickle customs here and then having to dabble through it all myself to get it installed.

So now it's between the Bosch easy series and the Domonial (or whatever the local Honeywell has to offer). Any ideas?

Archived