Security Installer Community

Virgin Media

arfur mo

hi guys,

had some real joyous fun today :angry2:

suddenly my emails would not work (on blueyonder now virin media), so onto self care and told my accounts are suspended hmmm me i thinks, checks bank balance and bill was paid as you do all ok. phones up the help desk.

to cut a long story short (for a change i know so shut up you lot!).they have being doing server 'housekeeping' and decided as my email addresses were old they will be deleted, astonished and digging deeper i said well i have the main address for some 20 years, and the add ons for some 8 or 9 years all are very active. "yes" the agent says "they are on your old account", dumbfounded i said but they are in regular use " yes on your old account" he again says. sensing a circular conversation i stated i know with free email accounts if not used they expire but these are in regular use" but on you old acount, you should have transfered them - we sent out emails" - to an account that was suspended i counter - ok a bit ruder than that and nobody told me.

we had to open a new account in my wifes name when we moved to our current home due to a massive admin mess up by telewest, at the time we could not transfere my work number, which we were told the morning of the move - bless!!!.

apparently we should have also moved our emails over to the new account at the same time - but nobody actually told us to do this.

anyway all is now well again, after some considerable bullying of the rep and his supervisors i got all my email addresses back, just fortunate nobody else had taken them.

just crazy the lax attitude taken

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You would think if they had any sense they would have checked to see if they were in use and if they were send an email to them warning you of this. :no:

At least it happened now and not while on holiday.

You would think if they had any sense they would have checked to see if they were in use and if they were send an email to them warning you of this. :no:

At least it happened now and not while on holiday.

common sense obviously left by a conbvenient window, i'd hate to think of the consequences,

many of my clients have the email addresses from way back, while theirs may have changed over that time mine has not. so even if i sent out a new email for them to use to the known addresses, i could not possibly get to all of them so the potential damage caused could have been very cinciderable.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived