Security Installer Community

Gardtec 300/500 Series

barry1962

Hello all can someone help please, i have a guardtec 300/500 series and i cannot get it to set, when i enter the code and press set i get this message C6

i have the user manual and this C6 is not showing in there, i have done a system rest and the siren sounds, but i cannot get the alarm to set .

I used to have a 5 year annuual mainteance contract on the alarm but the company is no longer in business, heres hoping someone can help.

THANKS BARRY

Hello all can someone help please, i have a guardtec 300/500 series and i cannot get it to set, when i enter the code and press set i get this message C6

i have the user manual and this C6 is not showing in there, i have done a system rest and the siren sounds, but i cannot get the alarm to set .

I used to have a 5 year annuual mainteance contract on the alarm but the company is no longer in business, heres hoping someone can help.

THANKS BARRY

hi barry,

C6 = Circuit 6,

so whatever is connected to C6 like perhaps a door, it is not closed, or a detector has developed a fault.

have you changed any doors? if so you needed to refit the magnet to the new dooror perhaps panic button was pressed and needs re-seting.

your installer should have listed the zones in the back of your user manual

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Cb means control panel tamper or keypad PIN tamper (the latter meaning someone entering the wrong code too many times)

Check to make sure the lid on the main control panel is secure and hasn't been knocked. Then try entering your code and press YES and enter your code again to reset.

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay
Cb means control panel tamper or keypad PIN tamper (the latter meaning someone entering the wrong code too many times)

Check to make sure the lid on the main control panel is secure and hasn't been knocked. Then try entering your code and press YES and enter your code again to reset.

Ct is keypad tamper ..............

hi barry,

C6 = Circuit 6,

so whatever is connected to C6 like perhaps a door, it is not closed, or a detector has developed a fault.

have you changed any doors? if so you needed to refit the magnet to the new dooror perhaps panic button was pressed and needs re-seting.

your installer should have listed the zones in the back of your user manual

regs

alan

Hi alan thanks for the info, by the way message does read Cb and not C6 SO MY APPOLOGIES to everyone, there are magnet door connectors and yes i have had a new door fitted last year, but sure it worked after new door was fitted, but i could be wrong as i've not used the alarm for ages.

I did take the cover off control box just to put another battery in which i think explains the cb, i will try setting it again tomorrow as it's late for the siren to be blaring out now, my neighbours won't be impressed (LOL) once again thanks for your help i will repost tomorrow to let everyone know how i go on.

BARRY

Guest anguscanplay
Hi alan thanks for the info, by the way message does read Cb and not C6 SO MY APPOLOGIES to everyone, there are magnet door connectors and yes i have had a new door fitted last year, but sure it worked after new door was fitted, but i could be wrong as i've not used the alarm for ages.

I did take the cover off control box just to put another battery in which i think explains the cb, i will try setting it again tomorrow as it's late for the siren to be blaring out now, my neighbours won't be impressed (LOL) once again thanks for your help i will repost tomorrow to let everyone know how i go on.

BARRY

shrugs shoulders in disbelief

for future information - the panel only shows the circuit number 1,2,3,etc not C 1,2,3 etc if it`s a zone in fault

but hey - what do I know

Archived