Security Installer Community

Accenta G3 ReInstallation

Guest Faisal

Guest Faisal

I wanted to add two new RKPs to an existing system. But when I connect an RKP, the alarm starts to sound as soon as it's powered up and never goes to the day mode.

I also tried to flush the NVM but since the RKP doesn't go to Day Mode, it is not working either.

Can any one suggest what I am doing wrong?

Do I need the existing user password to stop the alarm sound?

Guest Faisal

I tried the user code to stop the alarm.

It worked. Thank you, it's a step forward!!!

But the Tamper and Attack LEDs are on and the keypad is locked and won't let me do anything. Any idea about what is causing that?

Just to make sure about the connections:

I've shorted all the zones (1-8),

the keypad is connected to the PCB correctly (I've checked and double checked). Now when the Control Panel is open, should the Tamp be shorted also or open. I tried both but none seemed to work.

Guest Faisal

I tried the user code to stop the alarm.

It worked. Thank you, it's a step forward!!!

But the Tamper and Attack LEDs are on and the keypad is locked and won't let me do anything. Any idea about what is causing that?

Just to make sure about the connections:

I've shorted all the zones (1-8),

the keypad is connected to the PCB correctly (I've checked and double checked). Now when the Control Panel is open, should the Tamp be shorted also or open. I tried both but none seemed to work.

Hi ,

You will need the Tamper and the PA circuits closing , also the panel lid and any keypad covers closing , and the bell tamper switch closing before it will go to Day mode.Use links to short them out , then when you have control , re-instate them one by one. :)

Guest Faisal

Thanks again.

Now The PA is closed, the Tamper is closed and the bell Tamper T & A are also closed. One improvement is that now only the Tamper switch is on but not the Attack.

The Key Pad is still locked after the user code is pressed.

Regards

Faisal

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tiggerfromtyneside

I would suggest checking that you have a supply at the keypad, If you do check that your comms cable and sounder cable are the correct way round failing that have you connect the tamper in series rather than parallel like you do with the other 4 cables

Archived