Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751 + 703r

phin

Hi,

I'm in the process of installing a Homelink 55 system. I have all the wired stuff workingbeautifully, (existing PIRs plus two new, new bell box etc) the RFX and key pad are talking to the panel and all seems well. That is, until I try and get the two 703r contact transmitters to 'talk' to the RFX unit. I have had the rfx in learn mode, either with it allocating channel or after I select a channel - I've got the learn mode enabled on the 703rs. The 703r unit flash away quite hapily and, no matter how close I put them to the RFX flashing away "--" or 16 or reconfigure the rfx to start at 09..... nothing.... not a jot..... nada. I've wired the tamper across chanel 1 so that I could trigger the unit while the RFX can 'see' it..... still nowt!! I've put the 703s in 09 mode - still nothing......

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a blind RFX unit??? It doesn't compain to the panel, and the panel complains if I disconect it. I've read the manuals so many times that I can almost recite them word for word... looking for something that I've missed or messed up with.

At the moment I only have the two 703s to test it with and am getting the same result. I have some wireless PIRs on th way to carry out further testing / investigation. Any ideas of anything else to try??

Thanks

:unsure:

There are two ways to get the RFX & 703 to "talk" to each other, if in doubt go for the IR link. This will mean getting the two units within an inch of each other.

First prog the 703. Tell it what you want it to be. It may be a 4 ch xmitter but usually this means 2 nc detectors & respective tampers. So .....

press "select" until "c" shows. let go of "select" and "oP" will show.

Press "set" and keep pushing set button until "n4" shows. Now press "select". Red led comes on for a second or two. Now showing "oP".

keep pressing "select" until "Ln" shows. keep pressing "set" until "E" shows. Press "select" and "Ln" should show once more.

Press & HOLD "select" until "r" shows. red led comes on for a few seconds. Now nothing showing.

Put some wire loops in inputs 1-4.

Now the RFX.

keep pressing "select" until you get a free zone (any number between 9-24). (I take it you got the address link sorted- no link on)

hold the 703 infront of the RFX so the 703 learn led lines up with the learn sensor on the RFX (inch away max), then snip the wire loop on input 1 of the 703. RFX will "bleep" "bleep".

Now RFX shows zone and signal strength one after the other.

Keep pressing "select" until you get next free zone and repeat as before.

Put lid back on RFX and it will retain info and auto come out of programming.

Now go to panel keypad and prog new zones etc.

Sorry, its a bit longwinded and aint quite how it reads in the manuals but it works and you havnt got to keep running around the site nor need 2 engineers.

There are two ways to get the RFX & 703 to "talk" to each other, if in doubt go for the IR link. This will mean getting the two units within an inch of each other.

First prog the 703. Tell it what you want it to be. It may be a 4 ch xmitter but usually this means 2 nc detectors & respective tampers. So .....

press "select" until "c" shows. let go of "select" and "oP" will show.

Press "set" and keep pushing set button until "n4" shows. Now press "select". Red led comes on for a second or two. Now showing "oP".

keep pressing "select" until "Ln" shows. keep pressing "set" until "E" shows. Press "select" and "Ln" should show once more.

Press & HOLD "select" until "r" shows. red led comes on for a few seconds. Now nothing showing.

Put some wire loops in inputs 1-4.

Now the RFX.

keep pressing "select" until you get a free zone (any number between 9-24). (I take it you got the address link sorted- no link on)

hold the 703 infront of the RFX so the 703 learn led lines up with the learn sensor on the RFX (inch away max), then snip the wire loop on input 1 of the 703. RFX will "bleep" "bleep".

Now RFX shows zone and signal strength one after the other.

Keep pressing "select" until you get next free zone and repeat as before.

Put lid back on RFX and it will retain info and auto come out of programming.

Now go to panel keypad and prog new zones etc.

Sorry, its a bit longwinded and aint quite how it reads in the manuals but it works and you havnt got to keep running around the site nor need 2 engineers.

Thanks for ther reponse. I was using a modified version of what you suggest by wiring each channel, in turn accross the tamper switch and using that to swith the channel.

Since you posted I've recieved a door contact transmitter and 2 pirs, all communicated with the panel perfectly, so I'm returning the contact transmitters as faulty.

Thanks for the info though as it saved my sanity!!

Phil

Thanks for ther reponse. I was using a modified version of what you suggest by wiring each channel, in turn accross the tamper switch and using that to swith the channel.

Since you posted I've recieved a door contact transmitter and 2 pirs, all communicated with the panel perfectly, so I'm returning the contact transmitters as faulty.

Thanks for the info though as it saved my sanity!!

Phil

The contact & pirs you now have all know thats all their ever be so are pre-programmed as such. The 703 can be many things (albeit all tx) so needs to be told before the RFX learns.

See how you get on with the replacement 703 but I think you'll find the same as before. The above proceedure is the easiest I have found.

Good luck either way.

Archived