Security Installer Community

Starting Up In Alarm Instillation

TONYTAZ

Hi any help here would be appreciated,am looking to train as a alarm instillation engineer

have contacted SSAIB and they have given me the contact details of TAVCOM who do

training courses the initiial one is a 5 day foundation course for alarm instillation which i

intend to take up,however is this enough for me to start as a alarm engineer would for example

would i be able to offer myself as a subbie.I do intend to then learn the fire,cctv,and access control

via TAVCOM as well.I do realise it is all down to actual hands on experiance.

You would find it hard to start as a subbie. I've just taken someone on fresh out of tavcom the certificates look brill but found i had to retrain him. i suggest you do the course and then look for a small company who will be able to give you the follow up training. Good luck however and its nice to see new engineers come through

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

5 days may give you some basics but to be fair you need 6 months of training before your gonna be able to do much mate.

Yes you could make it work etc just with a good read of the manuals. Also depends on your background etc and if any previous job expirence would help.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived