Security Installer Community

Securit 700l Door Contact Wiring

minxman

Hi

I have recently moved into a house which has a C&K Securitech Control Panel. I had a quick search of the web and found a user manual that seems to call it a Securit 700L ( www.expert-security.com/manuals/700l.pdf ).

Anyway today we had the backdoor replaced and the company that fitted the door just ripped out the door contact that was in the previous door frame and left the bare alarm cable just sticking out of the doorframe (obviously on the inside of the house)...in fairness it was a timber door with a recess contact and the replacement was PVC so i can't really blame them for not refitting it, but they could have at least left the bits.

Anyway the cable seems to have 3 cores, 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 black. As you might imagine when I try and arm my alarm the zone that included the backdoor contact now flashes and I have to omit it. My question is can I somehow "fool" the alarm into thinking that the door contact is closed by joining a couple/all of the three wires together? And also any suggestions on reinstating some kind of door contact on the new PVC door?

Thanks

tony

You have a blue wire missing. Is the control panel not showing a tamper fault? If not, try twisiting all of the wires together. If it is showing a tamper, you need to work out which pair of wires is for the tamper loop and which pair of wires is for the alarm loop. Try blue/yellow together and red/black together.

Trade Member

You have a blue wire missing. Is the control panel not showing a tamper fault? If not, try twisiting all of the wires together. If it is showing a tamper, you need to work out which pair of wires is for the tamper loop and which pair of wires is for the alarm loop. Try blue/yellow together and red/black together.

Well done mate, when I went to look again there was the shortest bit of blue showing ever, which i managed with a bit of effort to touch to the black yellow and red.

Now I can arm the alarm without having to disable any zones. So thanking you very much and as ever have a couple more questions if you don't mind

1) the fact that the door contact was removed and the alarm wasn't showing any tamper fault, I take it that means the original installer hasn't bothered with a "tamper loop" as you call it?

2) Any advice on purchasing a new door contact from somewhere, needs to attach to a pvc door, and of course assuming i can actually manage to connect that blue wire to anything which is currently about 0.5 cm long . . . . .

Tony

2 things really (as your a local lad ;) )

1) the tamper thing on devices is very, very important to an intruder alarm systems integrity.

2) your want to DIY the system (fair enough) but has it ever been serviced and had the control panel or bell box/siren batteries replaced?

Out of date batteries are like a bomb = tick, tick, tick.............I'm sure you get the drift.

C.

:)

Archived