Security Installer Community

Aritech Cs350

Hi,

First post and badly in need of some help :)

I have a aritech cs350 installed, the back story goes that we were steaming wall paper off near the smoke alarm which is hooked into the alarm, it started to make some really odd sounds and went off constantly. I pulled the main switch and removed the battery. The smoke alarm stopped, but the alarm sounded for the next 20-30mins.

Since then I have left the smoke alarm to dry in the hope it was mildly water damaged. Just this evening (1-2 days later) I rehooked the battery back on and the smoke alarm started to go off again, on the panel it says somthing like, 05 Tampered 06 Smoke alarm.

Now my question is, lets presume I have damaged the smoke alarm beyond repair, using an engineers key can I remove this "zone" of the smoke alarm, leaving me able to use the alarm until it either dries or I replace it ? Or a'm I barking up the wrong tree and there is a better solution ?

Thanks in advance

Jom

Hi,

First post and badly in need of some help :)

I have a aritech cs350 installed, the back story goes that we were steaming wall paper off near the smoke alarm which is hooked into the alarm, it started to make some really odd sounds and went off constantly. I pulled the main switch and removed the battery. The smoke alarm stopped, but the alarm sounded for the next 20-30mins.

Since then I have left the smoke alarm to dry in the hope it was mildly water damaged. Just this evening (1-2 days later) I rehooked the battery back on and the smoke alarm started to go off again, on the panel it says somthing like, 05 Tampered 06 Smoke alarm.

Now my question is, lets presume I have damaged the smoke alarm beyond repair, using an engineers key can I remove this "zone" of the smoke alarm, leaving me able to use the alarm until it either dries or I replace it ? Or a'm I barking up the wrong tree and there is a better solution ?

Thanks in advance

Jom

I have called a mate around who is an electician - he found a loose connection n the fire alarm - it was fixed in 10 minutes - mighty embarrassing - thanks for reading !

Archived