Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 48 With Comip Module

bish

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to operate the panel functions (Arm/Disarm, see zone status, etc) remotely using a web browser via the ComIP module ?

Texecom sales and Tech support have been pretty useless in this matter so far as they cannot locate any details or user manual for this module.

I have the install manual but this is not that helpful with regard to its actual operation.

Any help / advice from anyone who has this module running would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Bish

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to operate the panel functions (Arm/Disarm, see zone status, etc) remotely using a web browser via the ComIP module ?

Texecom sales and Tech support have been pretty useless in this matter so far as they cannot locate any details or user manual for this module.

I have the install manual but this is not that helpful with regard to its actual operation.

Any help / advice from anyone who has this module running would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Bish

I recently spoke to a computer boffin and he did mention that Texecom panels do have this facility as for how its done I'm not really sure :whistle:

Nick

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

cheers

Bish

Yes you can.

• 2 weeks later...

cheers

Bish

Hi

Did you get the module to work as you want?

I was going to buy one for a play, but am concerned that beyond using wintex, the web server is limited and having spoken to tech support, you are best to go and write your own application to run on the webserver.

This is not the end of the world, but not what you expect!

Anyway - if you get fed up with it,... gives a shout if you are selling the interface... I fancy a play!

David

Hi

I was going to buy one for a play, but am concerned that beyond using wintex, the web server is limited and having spoken to tech support, you are best to go and write your own application to run on the webserver.

Anyway - if you get fed up with it,... gives a shout if you are selling the interface... I fancy a play!

David

I bought a ComIP board to be able to interface with the panel. As far as I know the only way of talking to the panel is via wintex software. the http page that is displayed when you browse to the ComIP is just a test/holding page. No one else seems to know or will be forth coming enough to explain what other possibilities are.

I have heard that TexeCom have a software developer kit but I have no chance of obtaining it as I am not a developer as such.

Would be nice to have an http interface for it, though.

• 1 month later...
Hi

David

Any update guys?

I am currently writing an script to integrate the Premier range into Homeseer.

This will work over serial (PC COM) or IP.... just need to find a cheap comIP to play with!

The connector wont need any software changes on the comIP board, although you can write your own code to host on it.

David

Archived