Security Installer Community

Vcl Dome Newbie(ish) Help Needed

Jess--

I have an existing setup that consists of a DVR365 and several fixed cameras, thanks to a friend I now also have a VCL dome that I would like to put to use.

The camera powers up and performs its self test without any problems and then produces a perfect picture, my problem is with controlling the ptz side.

The camera has the following info on it...

Product Code : ORB0002-00

the board that the mount is attached to has VC431 screenprinted on it and chips marked "431 sl5v2" & "431 sp5v3"

the main board has the number VC430V2 screen printed on it and chips marked "VTv4" & "47 M5v13"

the main board only has 4 dip switches (dilsw2) there are markings for 8 dip switches (dilsw1) buth they are not fitted although pin 8 has a shorting link that appears to go to earth.

from reading elswhere and on here it would seem that the 4 dip switches control the protocol and the 8 way switches (if they were there) would set the address. I have tried setting the protocol to pelco-p (on-on-off-on) but am having no luck, I am hoping that all I need is the address of the camera and the baud rate set right on the dvr365 for it to work. any help gratefuly received

I have an existing setup that consists of a DVR365 and several fixed cameras, thanks to a friend I now also have a VCL dome that I would like to put to use.

The camera powers up and performs its self test without any problems and then produces a perfect picture, my problem is with controlling the ptz side.

The camera has the following info on it...

Product Code : ORB0002-00

the board that the mount is attached to has VC431 screenprinted on it and chips marked "431 sl5v2" & "431 sp5v3"

the main board has the number VC430V2 screen printed on it and chips marked "VTv4" & "47 M5v13"

the main board only has 4 dip switches (dilsw2) there are markings for 8 dip switches (dilsw1) buth they are not fitted although pin 8 has a shorting link that appears to go to earth.

from reading elswhere and on here it would seem that the 4 dip switches control the protocol and the 8 way switches (if they were there) would set the address. I have tried setting the protocol to pelco-p (on-on-off-on) but am having no luck, I am hoping that all I need is the address of the camera and the baud rate set right on the dvr365 for it to work. any help gratefuly received

doesnt vcl have vcl protocol programmed in from factory and if others are needed it has to be sent back to vcl/honeywell to have the upgraded protocols loaded on :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

[sW4 SW3 SW2 SW1 Protocol Selected

OFF OFF OFF OFF VCL (Factory default setting)

OFF OFF OFF ON Pelco D

OFF OFF ON OFF Pelco P

OFF OFF ON ON Vicon

OFF ON OFF OFF Molynx

this is for a vcl gold/lite but my vc8e was address the same/ is it twisted pair or coax telementory?

[sW4 SW3 SW2 SW1 Protocol Selected

OFF OFF OFF OFF VCL (Factory default setting)

OFF OFF OFF ON Pelco D

OFF OFF ON OFF Pelco P

OFF OFF ON ON Vicon

OFF ON OFF OFF Molynx

this is for a vcl gold/lite but my vc8e was address the same/ is it twisted pair or coax telementory?

I am assuming that the camera is twisted pair data as I have a grand total of 8 connections marked up as follows

V+ currently +12v in)

0V Gnd

D+ Data + (A on dvr365)

D- Data - (B on dvr 365)

VG Video Gnd

V Video Out

SG Ext Sync Gnd

S+ Ext Sync

I am assuming that the camera is twisted pair data as I have a grand total of 8 connections marked up as follows

V+ currently +12v in)

0V Gnd

D+ Data + (A on dvr365)

D- Data - (B on dvr 365)

VG Video Gnd

V Video Out

SG Ext Sync Gnd

S+ Ext Sync

yes that does appear as a twisted pair unit.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

doesnt vcl have vcl protocol programmed in from factory and if others are needed it has to be sent back to vcl/honeywell to have the upgraded protocols loaded on :hmm:

I hope that this is not the case with this one. but I have a horrible feeling that it is

Maybe I am blind but I could not see an edit post link anywhere...

how would I go about getting any information about this camera as honeywell dont even acknowledge that it exists anywhere on their site, google finds nothing but posts here where other people have had the same boards in their cameras, and VCL's site (videocontrols.co.uk) is long gone.

so far I have possible protocol settings but no clue as to address or baud rate

If It's an orbiter Gold, Lite, or Platinum, protocol settings quoted in previous posts will apply, if it's an orbiter it will only work using vcl protocol.

If Dil switch 2 is missing, I'm presuming it's a very early unit which only supports coaxial telemetry in vcl protocol, therefore no chance of controlling it using dvr365, maxcom & vcl keyboard required.

If It's an orbiter Gold, Lite, or Platinum, protocol settings quoted in previous posts will apply, if it's an orbiter it will only work using vcl protocol.

If Dil switch 2 is missing, I'm presuming it's a very early unit which only supports coaxial telemetry in vcl protocol, therefore no chance of controlling it using dvr365, maxcom & vcl keyboard required.

Its Dil switch 1 (8 way) thats missing (which seems to be the address settings) dil switch 2 (4 way) is in place (protocol setting)

Dil switch 1 has a shorting link on pin 8 that appears to go to ground, could this be setting it to coaxial telemetry?

if anyone has a copy of the settings for dil switch 1 (address) I would be grateful as it would give me a starting point to work from.

my thoughts are to remove the shorting link and set the camera to a known address and then see if I can get it to show any signs of responding to twisted pair telemetry.

Archived