Security Installer Community

Lg Gdk-16 - Couple Of Questions...

Ovlovman

Hi,

I have a small client with a GDK-16 installed. Done some PBX work previously, but not with this unit.

Accessing CLI output?

With it being a small hotel, they want to log calls being made. I have some neat software which will monitor and log CLI. Searching the internet, and spec's for the '16 says it can handle CLI... The unit has the MFB fitted, and I've hooked up a serial cable. As soon as it's connected, it asks for a password. Does anyone know the default password for this units? Or a way of resetting it to default?

Further, can the serial on the MFB output the CLI information, or does the unit need another card? I activated SMDR to print messages, on the config (via ext. 100 phone), but this has not done anything. Any help here appreciated!

DVIB Card

They need 'answer phone' capability. Slot-2 is free in the unit, and I've found a DVIB for sale. How easy is it to configure the operation of this card? Also, can anyone give me user instructions on this item? How does it work?

Appreciate this is an old system, but they can't afford to change the unit at the moment, so anything I can do to squeeze another 18-24 months out of it is great.

Finally, is it possible to route music through this, rather than the dodgy 80's watch alarm stuff it plays when someone is on hold!!!???

Nothing like a small question set for my first post :)

TIA.

Hi,

I have a small client with a GDK-16 installed. Done some PBX work previously, but not with this unit.

Accessing CLI output?

With it being a small hotel, they want to log calls being made. I have some neat software which will monitor and log CLI. Searching the internet, and spec's for the '16 says it can handle CLI... The unit has the MFB fitted, and I've hooked up a serial cable. As soon as it's connected, it asks for a password. Does anyone know the default password for this units? Or a way of resetting it to default?

Further, can the serial on the MFB output the CLI information, or does the unit need another card? I activated SMDR to print messages, on the config (via ext. 100 phone), but this has not done anything. Any help here appreciated!

DVIB Card

They need 'answer phone' capability. Slot-2 is free in the unit, and I've found a DVIB for sale. How easy is it to configure the operation of this card? Also, can anyone give me user instructions on this item? How does it work?

Appreciate this is an old system, but they can't afford to change the unit at the moment, so anything I can do to squeeze another 18-24 months out of it is great.

Finally, is it possible to route music through this, rather than the dodgy 80's watch alarm stuff it plays when someone is on hold!!!???

Nothing like a small question set for my first post :)

TIA.

What a plonker I am - lesson here is don't mix wine with posting on forums! I didn't mean CLI at all - I meant CDR / SMDR!

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

Archived