Security Installer Community

Gardtec Rokonet Iwise Pirs

Dear All,

I have purchased some new iwise pirs and have a gardtec 595 panel it has connections as norm for 12v, 0v, alarm, tamper.

Then has LED, Set and Fault/Am connections does anyone know where they would be wired to in the panel?

Has anyone fitted them before?

maybe just leave these out also the alarm eol resistors are built in but it has a bridge that can be moved for both between

1K, 2.2K, 4.7K, 5.6K, and 6.8K what would be the norm on a panel as it does not say much about these in the manual!

If anyone has any answers to the questions above they would be much app.

cheers

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

the resistors are the resistance valves for the two circuits...alarm and tamper......use the jumper to set the value required for eol.( values for this panel will be in the book).....one pair of wires and away you go.....sorry two pair....you will need one for + / - the leaflet supplied with the detector will explain about the rest....ps this is a top end panel, is this for your home or a customer?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Dear All,

I have purchased some new iwise pirs and have a gardtec 595 panel it has connections as norm for 12v, 0v, alarm, tamper.

Then has LED, Set and Fault/Am connections does anyone know where they would be wired to in the panel?

Has anyone fitted them before?

maybe just leave these out also the alarm eol resistors are built in but it has a bridge that can be moved for both between

1K, 2.2K, 4.7K, 5.6K, and 6.8K what would be the norm on a panel as it does not say much about these in the manual!

If anyone has any answers to the questions above they would be much app.

cheers

used a lot of them, as kka says set the resistor links as required, these detectors have anti-mask output so use zone splitting to monitor it seperately.

also wire up and fit the lid BEFORE final powering up of these detectors, as the anti-cloaking sets itself up only on initial power up, means if yiou get one thats go's stuck power down wait and power up again before you swap it out.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

used a lot of them, as kka says set the resistor links as required, these detectors have anti-mask output so use zone splitting to monitor it seperately.

also wire up and fit the lid BEFORE final powering up of these detectors, as the anti-cloaking sets itself up only on initial power up, means if yiou get one thats go's stuck power down wait and power up again before you swap it out.

regs

alan

What do you mean by zone splitting were do i wire this to in the panel sorry is thats a stupid question do i just use another zone is that what you mean? also the panel is for my house yes and monitors my garage with wireless pirs and contacts.

cheers

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

Zone spliting is where you use a seperate zone for the mask input but that's only used on grade 3 systems.

The set input is used basically to tell the PIR the alarm is set and to possibly make it latch don't know this PIR exactly so can't say. The LED is for turning the LED on so you can see it when walk testing, it's so it can be turned off as some people don't like the LED's to be on and also I think it's probably to comply with some part of the current regs, the Fault / AM is just that it's to show a fault / Anti-mask attempt i.e someone putting something in front of the PIR to block it so that it can't pick up anyone walking in front of it etc.

The resistor values your on about only use them IF your setting the panel to End of Line "EOL" or Double End of Line "DEOL", if your wiring it as "normal" these aren't require - EOL / DOEL are 2-wire "normal" is 4-wire, 2 for the zone and 2 for the tamper side.

Fault finding with 2-wire isn't hard but if you don't know what your meant to be seeing as "normal" i.e pir closed / not in alarm then it's hard.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Guest anguscanplay
Zone spliting is where you use a seperate zone for the mask input but that's only used on grade 3 systems.

The set input is used basically to tell the PIR the alarm is set and to possibly make it latch don't know this PIR exactly so can't say. .

set input turns the anti mask off (and the microwave if you`ve got the links wrong) - dont bother connecting it to anything

set input turns the anti mask off (and the microwave if you`ve got the links wrong) - dont bother connecting it to anything

Of course so it does, brain a little slow today, diagnostics over the phone can be no fun.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived