Security Installer Community

Hello There

kenniewaters

Hi all,

I am a competent DIYer - especially in the electrics/electronics areas.

My pet hate is having anything in my house when I don't understand how it works (apart from SWMBO).

So I recently bought a whole new alarm kit (panel, PIRs, SABB, etc etc) to replace an 25 year old system with just 2 zones.

I have it all set up now as a test rig (on a work bench) and it is working well.

But I still have lots of questions - so will be hoping to use the DIY part of the forum to get some answers.

Ken.

Guest Thunderfingers
Hi all,

I am a competent DIYer - especially in the electrics/electronics areas.

My pet hate is having anything in my house when I don't understand how it works (apart from SWMBO).

So I recently bought a whole new alarm kit (panel, PIRs, SABB, etc etc) to replace an 25 year old system with just 2 zones.

I have it all set up now as a test rig (on a work bench) and it is working well.

But I still have lots of questions - so will be hoping to use the DIY part of the forum to get some answers.

Ken.

Provided that none of your questions don't cross into engineering info (and you can take the usual "Call a professional in") then you are in the right place - welcome to the forum

OK, what constitutes 'engineering info' ??

Is there a 'rules' section about what may, may not, be discussed?

I see the note about manuals - but I have these already :)

Ken

Yes there are rules and a disclaimer.

Both reading and agreeing to abide by them is a condition of registering as a member.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/rules.asp

Engineering info is engineer codes, manuals & any information in relation to the defeating, defaulting, disabling or compromising of any system.

What is engineering info or not will ultimately be the decision of the site owners/admin.

C.

:)

Well, er, yes, I had read the rules before signing up :)

But they were mostly about civilised behaviour - but now I see 10.4 and I guess that's what you refer to.

I'll be careful.

Ken.

Good , Good.

Now what is it you've bought (makes, models etc) and how can we help?

C.

:)

Hi Kennie and welcome to the forums.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived