Security Installer Community

Nittan

just wandered if any1 had used the evc.dp detector i got a school with st_ps at the moment and having lots of false alarms .

I dont reallly want to jump straight to ions but they want to go on redcare so i have to stop the false alarms . the detectors are now cleaned every 6 months and this still hasnt stopped them . Any help would be appreciated .

Guest G.J.M
just wandered if any1 had used the evc.dp detector i got a school with st_ps at the moment and having lots of false alarms .

I dont reallly want to jump straight to ions but they want to go on redcare so i have to stop the false alarms . the detectors are now cleaned every 6 months and this still hasnt stopped them . Any help would be appreciated .

why would you want to go to ionisation to reduce false alarms if i read you correct?

they will increase it

not when false alarms are caused by dust ions will reduce them .well im gonna give the evc.dp a go and see how they go as ionisation will be a thing of the past witin the next 5 years anyway . both nittan and hochiki will be fasing them out so im told . was hoping that someone on here had used them but never mind . im a new poster to this site and reading other topics on here its very good place for helpful info so will post again and i may even be able to help someone 1 day thanks guys

not when false alarms are caused by dust ions will reduce them .well im gonna give the evc.dp a go and see how they go as ionisation will be a thing of the past witin the next 5 years anyway . both nittan and hochiki will be fasing them out so im told . was hoping that someone on here had used them but never mind . im a new poster to this site and reading other topics on here its very good place for helpful info so will post again and i may even be able to help someone 1 day thanks guys

you can only see 1/2 the forum.

the other 1/2 is trade only.

once you have contributed 10 posts you can apply to access it via the link below.

C.

"Nittan (UK) Ltd., a leading UK manufacturer of conventional and addressable fire detection products, has launched the Evolution EVC-DP dual optical detector, designed using Nittan's award winning Dual Optical Technology to reduce false alarms caused by non-combustion products such as steam, dust and aerosols.

Unlike other conventional detectors on the market that claim to distinguish between smoke and non-combustion products, the EVC-DP effectively measures the actual particle size in the chamber via its combined IR and blue LED technology.

As steam and dust are much larger particles than smoke, the detector won't false alarm."

Are we talking about the same detectors????

Have you got back on to Nittan and told them there sales bumph appears to be incorrect.... I'm sure they may be interested to help you out rather than have bad publicity.......!!

Guest Thunderfingers

Are the detectors going off all over the place or are they specific to a particular area?I have just re-read this and totally missed that it was a school you were referring to - not usually known as an enviroment to have such abnormal levels of dust to activate standard opticals.

I'd look at an external enviromental reason or an equipment issue.

Are the detectors going off all over the place or are they specific to a particular area?I have just re-read this and totally missed that it was a school you were referring to - not usually known as an enviroment to have such abnormal levels of dust to activate standard opticals.

I'd look at an external enviromental reason or an equipment issue.

i know wot your sayin its a crazy 1 i use nittan alot and never get this problem but its a very old school and the dust is unreal . i cleaned all the detectors at xmas and by the time i went back in march they had had 4 false alarms all in different areas and checking them they looked like they hadnt been opened for 2 years .well im nowputting 6 evc.dp in on monday and giving them time to see if these work they have a full summer school in so should be a good test . il let you know if it works.

you can only see 1/2 the forum.

the other 1/2 is trade only.

once you have contributed 10 posts you can apply to access it via the link below.

C.

yes i did see that thanks m8 as soon as have 10 posts i will apply :D

Guest Thunderfingers
i know wot your sayin its a crazy 1 i use nittan alot and never get this problem but its a very old school and the dust is unreal . i cleaned all the detectors at xmas and by the time i went back in march they had had 4 false alarms all in different areas and checking them they looked like they hadnt been opened for 2 years .well im nowputting 6 evc.dp in on monday and giving them time to see if these work they have a full summer school in so should be a good test . il let you know if it works.

yes i did see that thanks m8 as soon as have 10 posts i will apply :D

Good luck with that 'un!

Archived