Security Installer Community

Old Systems

Gents,

We have just had delivered a portacabin that has an A1 security alarm fitted. The cabin has been wired up and the alarm appears to function correctly. The installation i.e. un-switched fused spur is fitted so electrically looks ok, however, knowing absolutely nothing about alarms will this age of alarm meet current regulations? and if not are we still allowed to use it?

Regards,

Seve

Guest anguscanplay
Gents,

We have just had delivered a portacabin that has an A1 security alarm fitted. The cabin has been wired up and the alarm appears to function correctly. The installation i.e. un-switched fused spur is fitted so electrically looks ok, however, knowing absolutely nothing about alarms will this age of alarm meet current regulations? and if not are we still allowed to use it?

Regards,

Seve

first check with your insurer but as its not been installed today I can`t see a reason to HAVE to upgrade ...........

Gents,

Regards,

Seve

I would get it serviced by a local company to ensure correct operation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest RJBsec
Gents,

Regards,

Seve

It is unlikely to meet current regulations.

You can certainly use it, however if you require a police response or as angus says if there are insurance requirements, then you will need to upgrade via the services of a professional installer.

Archived